There are newer employer reviews for Yum!

Overall good place to work .. but image has become more important than results.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Pros

Great competent team members. Team members are dedicated to doing a good job! good recognition culture .. but can be superfacial.

Cons

10+ yrs ago great place to work. Your efforts were recognized and rewarded. Since then the good old boy network kicked in. Once someone puts you in a box .. its never getting out. They also use terms like going for breakthrough results to get people to sacrifice there children to the work place.

Advice to Management

Image is not the way to determine leadership. You need to look at accomplishments of individuals.

Other Employee Reviews for Yum!

YRI is Good for some...not for all

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Challenge, pay, diversity, job experiences

Cons

Place is highly political; rules don't apply to HR; promotes bad behavior - the bigger the stink you make, the more you get away with; YRi Finance is infamous for being a burn 'em and churn 'em group - (particularly now); investment in great innovation a waste because company lacks effective Leadership - no directon at alllll

Advice to Management

Focus on company's key priorities and listen to the people...not HR.

2. Working hard doesn't give you a better pay.

Former Employee - Cashier in Somersworth, NH
    Former Employee - Cashier in Somersworth, NH

Pros

If you want to cook this can be a good place to get experience because you'll have to learn how to fry. It's basic and a good for beginners.

Cons

I worked hard there, I did everything that was asked of me and picked up other peoples slack when because they wouldn't do there job. I did this in hopes that my hard work would be noticed and because I like organization and cleanliness. I also trained incoming employees and after a short while was able do multiple jobs there. Whle the manager and other employees took smoke brakes when we had no customers I stayed inside to make sure that if any customers came in they would be taken cared of. When they hired a new person once again I was asked to train the trainee and found out a few weeks after her being there that she was making more then me. I was more experienced, worked hard, a team player and she had next to no experience and was making more then me. I wasn't disliked there because everyone that worked there all hung out or went to parties after work together from time to time, even the manager. So there was no reason competence wise or personality wise that they would not want to pay me more over a new trainee. It was greed. If they could get away with paying someone that works hard a small amount they were willing to do it. They did not value anyone as an employee and because of it I quite. When I told them I was quiting they offered me a raise that would be the same as the new trainee. When I turned down there offer they offered an additional 25 cent raise. I again turned them down and left there for good. Had they valued me and rewarded me for my hard work I would've stayed, but that was not the case.

Advice to Management

Value and reward your hard working employees and you will have less stress in your life and theres. Business will be better and customers will be more satisfied.