Yum!

www.yum.com
  www.yum.com
There are newer employer reviews for Yum!

Nice place to intern but be prepared to do the dirty work.

Former Employee - Intern R&D in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Intern R&D in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Learned a lot from my team and manager. Treated me as part of the team even though I were only there for 3 months as an intern. Very open workplace office. Met full time scientists that went to same college for network. Had regular interaction with management. Great company culture.

Cons

Drama in other departments. During the three months I were there I saw 3 upper level managers that had worked for Yum for over 10 years be let go. Lots of politics. If your not with the in crowd be prepared to be demoted or moved. Saw this happen several times. Intern pay not too good.

Value your scientists that are doing the constant product evaluations. Check up on resturants, their quality standards do not match yours.

115 Other Employee Reviews for Yum! (View Most Recent)

It is a company with a nice working environment but it lacks structure, management that is not forced to grow!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at Yum!

Pros

Is a company that is big in recognition
    Has three main brands with different challenges, you can learn from the three of them very different skills

Cons

Management is old fashioned and have been in the same position for too long.
    It is a conservative culture
    Career advancement is not clearly defined.

Structure career progression. Nobody should be in a position for more than 5 years.
    Learn from other industries. Use more research to build know how, too much relies on implement and see what happens.

Multibrand Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Fast-paced, meet a lot of people

Cons

Poor upper-level management, low pay for associates means constant turnover and high expectations of them for too-little pay. I managed a multi-brand concept store and it was an epic failure.

Simplify, organize, consistently train

There are newer employer reviews for Yum!