There are newer employer reviews for Yum!

Nice place to intern but be prepared to do the dirty work.

Former Employee - Intern R&D in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Intern R&D in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Learned a lot from my team and manager. Treated me as part of the team even though I were only there for 3 months as an intern. Very open workplace office. Met full time scientists that went to same college for network. Had regular interaction with management. Great company culture.

Cons

Drama in other departments. During the three months I were there I saw 3 upper level managers that had worked for Yum for over 10 years be let go. Lots of politics. If your not with the in crowd be prepared to be demoted or moved. Saw this happen several times. Intern pay not too good.

Advice to Management

Value your scientists that are doing the constant product evaluations. Check up on resturants, their quality standards do not match yours.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Multibrand Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Fast-paced, meet a lot of people

Cons

Poor upper-level management, low pay for associates means constant turnover and high expectations of them for too-little pay. I managed a multi-brand concept store and it was an epic failure.

Advice to Management

Simplify, organize, consistently train

Overall good place to work .. but image has become more important than results.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Great competent team members. Team members are dedicated to doing a good job! good recognition culture .. but can be superfacial.

Cons

10+ yrs ago great place to work. Your efforts were recognized and rewarded. Since then the good old boy network kicked in. Once someone puts you in a box .. its never getting out. They also use terms like going for breakthrough results to get people to sacrifice there children to the work place.

Advice to Management

Image is not the way to determine leadership. You need to look at accomplishments of individuals.