Yum!

www.yum.com
  www.yum.com
There are newer employer reviews for Yum!

It is a company with a nice working environment but it lacks structure, management that is not forced to grow!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Deerfield Beach, FL
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at Yum!

Pros

Is a company that is big in recognition
Has three main brands with different challenges, you can learn from the three of them very different skills

Cons

Management is old fashioned and have been in the same position for too long.
It is a conservative culture
Career advancement is not clearly defined.

Structure career progression. Nobody should be in a position for more than 5 years.
Learn from other industries. Use more research to build know how, too much relies on implement and see what happens.

112 Other Employee Reviews for Yum! (View Most Recent)

Nice place to intern but be prepared to do the dirty work.

Former Employee - Intern R&D in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Intern R&D in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Learned a lot from my team and manager. Treated me as part of the team even though I were only there for 3 months as an intern. Very open workplace office. Met full time scientists that went to same college for network. Had regular interaction with management. Great company culture.

Cons

Drama in other departments. During the three months I were there I saw 3 upper level managers that had worked for Yum for over 10 years be let go. Lots of politics. If your not with the in crowd be prepared to be demoted or moved. Saw this happen several times. Intern pay not too good.

Value your scientists that are doing the constant product evaluations. Check up on resturants, their quality standards do not match yours.

Overall good place to work .. but image has become more important than results.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Great competent team members. Team members are dedicated to doing a good job! good recognition culture .. but can be superfacial.

Cons

10+ yrs ago great place to work. Your efforts were recognized and rewarded. Since then the good old boy network kicked in. Once someone puts you in a box .. its never getting out. They also use terms like going for breakthrough results to get people to sacrifice there children to the work place.

Image is not the way to determine leadership. You need to look at accomplishments of individuals.

There are newer employer reviews for Yum!