There are newer employer reviews for Z-Wireless

Not terrible, but there is better

Current Employee - Wireless Consultant in Manhattan, KS
Current Employee - Wireless Consultant in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at Z-Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Z does insurance through Protectcell not Asurion. They have a good emphasis on customer service. They seem to have some good leadership in place at the company.

Cons

Working for a retailer you make a lot less money. I felt like the company was pretty cheap. Pushing the most profitable phones with huge spiffs on cheaper phones and services. Not bad for a single person, or a part time job. Great actually for those situations probably. But providing for a wife or family you probably aren't going to get what you need here.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Z-Wireless (View Most Recent)

Wireless consultant

Current Employee - Wireless Consultant in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Wireless Consultant in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Z-Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Honestly the only pros are probably the hours of operations and the customers...when they're happy.

Cons

There are a lot of issues with this company; prices are on average double the cost of the competition, terrible management including upper management. This company is growing itself out of business. They change their policies so much it's hard to keep up. They forced all employees to purchase branded expensive polos then within three months they changed the dress code to where we can't even wear the polos we spent money on. Politics run high in this company if your friends with the right people you can get away with murder. Of course they expect us to charge customers fees that actual Verizon stores and other retailers don't charge. Their number one value is employees first however that's not the case at all. I've never worked for such a poorly ran company.

Your horny store managers and district managers are running off amazing talent that could help grow your company

Great place to work, but the atmosphere is a little crowded.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Z-Wireless

Pros

You will never find a more closely knit group of employees

When business is good, everyone's got a good attitude

Lots of down time while still getting paid (mostly due to lack of business)

Somewhat flexible hours (as long as nobody else has to have a day off, typically you can have it)

Cons

Everything is taken on a much too personal level (i.e. there is a lot of misinterpretation regarding the employer/friend line)

There is very minimal constructive criticism with new or even senior employees (i.e. there are a lot of raised voices)

The amount of profit the store has made in a day directly effects the way the employees are respected

It's vital that a store is profitable; everyone understands this. The problem is that it isn't part-time employees' responsibility to handle marketing while being paid minimum wage. It needs to be kept in mind that while the employees here are all very close, that does not mean it is our store- the responsibility an owner or manager is by definition more demanding than that of a sales person.

There are newer employer reviews for Z-Wireless