ZEE Medical

www.zeemedical.com

Opportunity is there if you are the right kind of person

Safety Sales (Current Employee) City of Industry, CA

ProsIf you are willing to work, learn and be professional then there is the opportunity to make a good living; however, it depends on how you approach the job. It isn't just about selling companies supplies for their first aid kits - there's not much money in that. Those who take the time to learn about OSHA standards will be better at making recommendations to companies about things that they really need; as an example, if you study respiratory protection then you will be better at meeting people's needs for respiratory program management, fit testing, training and equipment.

You also have to look and act businessslike, which not everyone can pull off. The company offers information and training, but not everyone applies themself to it. The best ones ask for assistance, mentoring and career development. The internal training is very good in most respects but doesn't cover everything so you have to ask questions. At my location the safety trainers are awesome and I call them a lot to help me close sales.

Those who are willing to work and learn can make $100K a year without a college degree - there are really people here making that. I earned over $70K last year. The benefits are great - we are part of McKesson Corporation, which is a health care company - and the vacation/PTO rate is good enough so that you don't need to worry if you want to take a family vacation.

ConsSome people have a negative view of Zee Medical because you can buy similar supplies on-line for less. It's hard to explain to them that part of what they are paying for is the ability to call me and get the things that they want the same day (or within 24 hours). We can't always price-match and so some people get upset. There are also other competitors that bad-mouth us.

Many of the company vans are old. With the economy down they are consolidating things and there are fewer office staff to handle phone calls; now the phone work has gone to a central location (Indianapolis) and they are still working out some glitches with that. The voicemail system sucks, but all voicemail systems suck.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership at our location has a very positive attitude, willing to listen, pretty approachable, even helpful. I can't say anything bad about them locally. I have been here a few years and there was a time when it was not as good.

"ZEE MEDICAL IS A GREAT JOB FOR ROOKIES STRAIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE WHO NEED OUTSIDE SALES EXPERIENCE"

Service/sales Representative (Former Employee) Savannah, GA

I worked at ZEE Medical

Pros: Zee Medical is a great job to start off with out of college to get outside sales experience. They give you a vehicle with… Cons: Long hours, even longer driving hours, low pay...I made around $1,500.00 to $2,500 per month average before taxes, but it's straight commission averaging around 18%… Advice to Senior Management: This needs to be a part-time job in most territories. There needs to be a small salary and no chargebacks if a customer has… More

Challenging environment

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at ZEE Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great flexibility as it relates to your respective territory. Cons: lags in CRM software as well as cutting edge sales… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in sales CRM tools as well as hardware. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on ZEE Medical.

Worked for ZEE Medical? Contribute to the Community!