There are newer employer reviews for ZOLL Medical

Satisfied-but not enough to stay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at ZOLL Medical full-time

Pros

Friendly co-workers and relaxed environment, casual Fridays were nice. They did take care of you well if you traveled on business, putting you up in very nice hotels. Management is very smart and relatively hands-off. It's very hard to get fired, which is a pro but also a con.

Cons

At times the very social environment made it difficult to work. The place reminded me of high school at times with catty cliques. People who didn't work hard were not reprimanded at all. People who worked incredibly hard often suffered from burn out. Favoritism, and often sexism, was often a problem.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to fire people who clearly are not pulling their weight.

Other Employee Reviews for ZOLL Medical

Great place to work

Current Employee - Tech Support in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ZOLL Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relatively young company that is growing fast. I have been here for a year and a half and we have doubled in size in that time. With expansion into new markets there is lots of room for advancement.

Cons

I really like working here. There are not really any major cons to working here. I work in a call center so you occasionally have high call volume. It can get a little frustrating. Compared to other places I have worked I will take that any day.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job of adapting as we grow. Its great that the focus is on the quality of the call and not the quantity of calls you take.

Awful Working Environment and management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ZOLL Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flex time and overtime is available, and the build has a nice atrium. Other than that I don't really have many positive things to say about this company.

Cons

Mandatory overtime, high turnover rate, no holidays, little to no opportunity for a workplace advancement, forced valet parking if you don't manage to get to work early enough (they have banged up cars), no smoking anywhere on the property if you smoke, benefits are not good, poor management, and sick days are use them or lose them.

Advice to Management

Gain some compassion, stop asking your employees to petition their state representatives to help them make more money if they aren't going to up the amount of money they pay their employees, and trust your employees to know what they are doing without having to escalate all issues to a higher level.