There are newer employer reviews for ZOLL Medical

Very rewarding product line

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at ZOLL Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I liked the idea that the products we made were used to save lives. Definite perk to the job.
I worked outside Chelmsford, so my experience might be different.
Flex time, decent benefits, good pay.
I liked my manager. Many of the people were very good at their job. Some were so-so.

Cons

Upper management thought they knew a lot more than they actually did. Lower mid-management and the engineers made a decent product despite the misguided upper mid-management (and had to ignore totally unrealistic deadlines, even with occasionally putting in some serious overtime).
Different divisions (Colorado, Mass., IL, etc.) didn't collaborate together very well. Definitely missed the boat on providing package deals to potential customers (devices and computer systems that talk together).
We had a very strong team with great potential that was broken up, and the survivors were given no incentive to stay with the company.

It's a multi-site company. Put some money and effort in learning how to properly manage multi-site projects.
Weed out bad management - engineers are occasionally laid off, this should be able to happen to everybody.

53 Other Employee Reviews for ZOLL Medical (View Most Recent)

Too much work for the amount of staff

Current Employee - Appeals Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Appeals Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ZOLL Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing company, Free parking, relaxed dress code

Cons

too much work for the available staff.Needs process improvement because of fast growth. Slow to change.

Improve processes and reduce workloads.

Rewarding position

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative

I have been working at ZOLL Medical as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a contract employee, the compensation is very generous, The job duties are very satisfying, as we represent an excellent product.

Cons

Skills are never reviewed because we are contract employees. No feedback given positive or negative.Territory managers are responsible for selling, and although they value their PSRs, there is little or no communication. Must be very flexible in order to accept assignments.

Develop an evaluation process for PSRs and reward those that do a good job. Utilize the PSRs that are in place, instead of training more that you think might be able to drive business

There are newer employer reviews for ZOLL Medical