There are newer employer reviews for ZOLL Medical

Fast moving, fast growing, lots of opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ZOLL Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The environment is fast-paced and exciting. Always new challenges and opportunities to succeed. Advancement and recognition is very good here for those pushing to the next level.

Cons

For some, the pace is a real challenge. If you're looking to "get by" this is not a good fit.

Advice to Management

Better top down planning and plan oversight so we're all on the same page and moving to the same goal.

Other Employee Reviews for ZOLL Medical

1. Working at ZOLL is always challenging

I have been working at ZOLL Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1: Team mates and coworkers are very good people 2: Work is interesting and product makes a difference in peoples lives 3: Reasonable flex hours

Cons

1: Requirements are sometimes not well communicated. 2: Sometimes projects lack focus

Advice to Management

Communicate more effectively with employees

Very rewarding product line

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at ZOLL Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked the idea that the products we made were used to save lives. Definite perk to the job. I worked outside Chelmsford, so my experience might be different. Flex time, decent benefits, good pay. I liked my manager. Many of the people were very good at their job. Some were so-so.

Cons

Upper management thought they knew a lot more than they actually did. Lower mid-management and the engineers made a decent product despite the misguided upper mid-management (and had to ignore totally unrealistic deadlines, even with occasionally putting in some serious overtime). Different divisions (Colorado, Mass., IL, etc.) didn't collaborate together very well. Definitely missed the boat on providing package deals to potential customers (devices and computer systems that talk together). We had a very strong team with great potential that was broken up, and the survivors were given no incentive to stay with the company.

Advice to Management

It's a multi-site company. Put some money and effort in learning how to properly manage multi-site projects. Weed out bad management - engineers are occasionally laid off, this should be able to happen to everybody.