Zales

www.zalecorp.com
  www.zalecorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zales

Zales is a great company if you can handle change.

Former Employee - Manager in Syracuse, NY
Former Employee - Manager in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Zales

Pros

If you have a good regional manager, anything is possible. I was given 8,000 per year in raises plus increased bonuses within2 years of working for the company. I was able to compensate my best employees well. Managers are allowed to give their associates a lot more in terms of commission (if the associate sells enough) and other laid back work atmosphere stuff.

Cons

The company can be wishy washy and change things constantly leading to busywork and confusion

Invest more in training on diamonds and increase your diamonds sales. You have the best diamond prices in the industry, hands down.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Zales (View Most Recent)

At Zales you are just a number, not a person.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Zales

Pros

The love of selling jewelry. Being a manager for the sales was a great opportunity.

Cons

The problem was with upper management who do not want to here what the customer are asking for or what a specific store really need to have in their store. Also the inexperience in upper manager regarding the jewelery business.

Listen to the staff. I know that everything that is suggested cannot be accomplished, but we are the one hearing from the customer what items they would like. It great to do studies, but which customers are you surveying? I think it's just too little too late.

Zales - A diamond in the rough.

Current Employee - Store Planner in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Store Planner in Irving, TX

I have been working at Zales

Pros

Zales offers a place to learn and grow, while having a work-life balance. You have a lot of amenities at the corporate headquarters such as an onsite cafeteria, credit union, salon, child care, company store, covered parking, and fitness center. It is centrally located in the Metroplex and is located in an upscale part of the city.

Cons

The economy can turn volatile with retail so employment can vary depending upon the circumstances. Pay is fair but not what it could, or should be.

Keep all communication open.

There are newer employer reviews for Zales