There are newer employer reviews for Zales

Zales is a great company if you can handle change.

Former Employee - Manager in Syracuse, NY
Former Employee - Manager in Syracuse, NY

Pros

If you have a good regional manager, anything is possible. I was given 8,000 per year in raises plus increased bonuses within2 years of working for the company. I was able to compensate my best employees well. Managers are allowed to give their associates a lot more in terms of commission (if the associate sells enough) and other laid back work atmosphere stuff.

Cons

The company can be wishy washy and change things constantly leading to busywork and confusion

Advice to Management

Invest more in training on diamonds and increase your diamonds sales. You have the best diamond prices in the industry, hands down.

Other Employee Reviews for Zales

1. At Zales you are just a number, not a person.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL

Pros

The love of selling jewelry. Being a manager for the sales was a great opportunity.

Cons

The problem was with upper management who do not want to here what the customer are asking for or what a specific store really need to have in their store. Also the inexperience in upper manager regarding the jewelery business.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff. I know that everything that is suggested cannot be accomplished, but we are the one hearing from the customer what items they would like. It great to do studies, but which customers are you surveying? I think it's just too little too late.

2. Change out of control

Former Employee - Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Irving, TX

Pros

This once great company offered broad based opportunities from the field to the office. They had a rightfully deserved rep as the leaders in the retail jewelry industry.

Cons

The revolving door to the executive suite has left a legacy of turmoil and unfocused change. Fear, confusion and political tribalism prevail. When the new regime takes power, everything their predecessors did is deemed worthless and thrown out. Start from scratch, everything we do now is pure genius. Turn over the entire team. Lather, rinse, repeat. So it goes, on and on. Constant retracing of the same path to ruin. The price paid for all of this is felt up and down the line.

Advice to Management

Get a plan and stick with it for more than 2 years.