Zales

www.zalecorp.com
  www.zalecorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zales

At Zales you are just a number, not a person.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Zales

Pros

The love of selling jewelry. Being a manager for the sales was a great opportunity.

Cons

The problem was with upper management who do not want to here what the customer are asking for or what a specific store really need to have in their store. Also the inexperience in upper manager regarding the jewelery business.

Listen to the staff. I know that everything that is suggested cannot be accomplished, but we are the one hearing from the customer what items they would like. It great to do studies, but which customers are you surveying? I think it's just too little too late.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Zales (View Most Recent)

Change out of control

Former Employee - Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at Zales

Pros

This once great company offered broad based opportunities from the field to the office. They had a rightfully deserved rep as the leaders in the retail jewelry industry.

Cons

The revolving door to the executive suite has left a legacy of turmoil and unfocused change. Fear, confusion and political tribalism prevail. When the new regime takes power, everything their predecessors did is deemed worthless and thrown out. Start from scratch, everything we do now is pure genius. Turn over the entire team. Lather, rinse, repeat. So it goes, on and on. Constant retracing of the same path to ruin. The price paid for all of this is felt up and down the line.

Get a plan and stick with it for more than 2 years.

Zales - A diamond in the rough.

Current Employee - Store Planner in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Store Planner in Irving, TX

I have been working at Zales

Pros

Zales offers a place to learn and grow, while having a work-life balance. You have a lot of amenities at the corporate headquarters such as an onsite cafeteria, credit union, salon, child care, company store, covered parking, and fitness center. It is centrally located in the Metroplex and is located in an upscale part of the city.

Cons

The economy can turn volatile with retail so employment can vary depending upon the circumstances. Pay is fair but not what it could, or should be.

Keep all communication open.

There are newer employer reviews for Zales