Zales

www.zalecorp.com
  www.zalecorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zales

Fun sales job if you don't need the job to survive and ... I'll leave it at that

Current Employee - Jewlery Consultant in Garland, TX
Current Employee - Jewlery Consultant in Garland, TX

I have been working at Zales

Pros

It's fun to sell jewelry due to the fact that most people that are shopping for jewelry are in a good mood. They may be in love and shopping for their engagement/wedding rings or buying a gift for someone that they think enough of to stop into a jewelry to shop for. The customers that are shopping for themselves are "celebrateing me" and are usually very injoyable as well.

Cons

They don't pay squat. They are also very into writing you up. Even in today's economy, you are written up if you don't get a credit application a day. I can understand not making your sales goal but give me a break, have you seen the interest rate on a Zale's card?

Buy better quality, as far a gold. Many people can't wear anything other than 14k and a lot people won't shell out for anything other than 14k &up

83 Other Employee Reviews for Zales (View Most Recent)

Zales is a great company if you can handle change.

Former Employee - Manager in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Zales

Pros

If you have a good regional manager, anything is possible. I was given 8,000 per year in raises plus increased bonuses within2 years of working for the company. I was able to compensate my best employees well. Managers are allowed to give their associates a lot more in terms of commission (if the associate sells enough) and other laid back work atmosphere stuff.

Cons

The company can be wishy washy and change things constantly leading to busywork and confusion

Invest more in training on diamonds and increase your diamonds sales. You have the best diamond prices in the industry, hands down.

At Zales you are just a number, not a person.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Zales

Pros

The love of selling jewelry. Being a manager for the sales was a great opportunity.

Cons

The problem was with upper management who do not want to here what the customer are asking for or what a specific store really need to have in their store. Also the inexperience in upper manager regarding the jewelery business.

Listen to the staff. I know that everything that is suggested cannot be accomplished, but we are the one hearing from the customer what items they would like. It great to do studies, but which customers are you surveying? I think it's just too little too late.

There are newer employer reviews for Zales