Zales

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Zales

All in all not bad

I worked at Zales

Pros

Great learning opportunity. Zales provides a solid foundation from which you can build your jewelry career. They don't require much experience and are very helpful in building your knowledge.

Cons

The opportunity for advancement is there if you are willing to work for it. You have the typical high turnover of any retail experience and the benefits are on the lower end of average.

I would focus more on helping each employee grow. Sometimes the managers are more worried about their commission than their team.

93 Other Employee Reviews for Zales (View Most Recent)

merchandise planner

Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in Irving, TX

I have been working at Zales

Pros

there is great opportunity for advancement. since the turnover is pretty high, there are opportunities to advance even in this bad economy, in the midst of layoffs.

Cons

management in the merchandising offices can be quite disorganized and direction changes constantly. we have had two rounds of layoffs since the beginning of 2008.

use the portions of the company that are working profitably as a model for organizational changes. it seems as though we keep reorganizing without seeing benefits.

Fun sales job if you don't need the job to survive and ... I'll leave it at that

Current Employee - Jewlery Consultant in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Jewlery Consultant in Garland, TX

I have been working at Zales

Pros

It's fun to sell jewelry due to the fact that most people that are shopping for jewelry are in a good mood. They may be in love and shopping for their engagement/wedding rings or buying a gift for someone that they think enough of to stop into a jewelry to shop for. The customers that are shopping for themselves are "celebrateing me" and are usually very injoyable as well.

Cons

They don't pay squat. They are also very into writing you up. Even in today's economy, you are written up if you don't get a credit application a day. I can understand not making your sales goal but give me a break, have you seen the interest rate on a Zale's card?

Buy better quality, as far a gold. Many people can't wear anything other than 14k and a lot people won't shell out for anything other than 14k &up

There are newer employer reviews for Zales