There are newer employer reviews for Zales

Riding in retail waters is always choppy....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Zales

Pros

Ample opportunity to learn the business, open interdepartmental communication, employee discounts, everyday casual dress...not much more to speak of

Cons

long hours are expected/mandated, constant change in direction, unorganized management team, fear of being layoffs as there have been 2 rounds, alot finger pointing when something goes wrong

zales is a follower, not a leader in the industry. management blames employees for their shortfalls. lots of ceo cronies running the show...all talk and no action upper management

79 Other Employee Reviews for Zales (View Most Recent)

All in all not bad

I worked at Zales

Pros

Great learning opportunity. Zales provides a solid foundation from which you can build your jewelry career. They don't require much experience and are very helpful in building your knowledge.

Cons

The opportunity for advancement is there if you are willing to work for it. You have the typical high turnover of any retail experience and the benefits are on the lower end of average.

I would focus more on helping each employee grow. Sometimes the managers are more worried about their commission than their team.

merchandise planner

Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in Irving, TX

I have been working at Zales

Pros

there is great opportunity for advancement. since the turnover is pretty high, there are opportunities to advance even in this bad economy, in the midst of layoffs.

Cons

management in the merchandising offices can be quite disorganized and direction changes constantly. we have had two rounds of layoffs since the beginning of 2008.

use the portions of the company that are working profitably as a model for organizational changes. it seems as though we keep reorganizing without seeing benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Zales