Zanes Law

www.personalinjurylawfirmtucson.com
  www.personalinjurylawfirmtucson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zanes Law

Think long and hard before accepting a job with Zanes Law

Former Employee - Paralegal  in  Tucson, AZ
Former Employee - Paralegal in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Zanes Law full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's honestly difficult to come up with pros, but I can say the facilities are decent and the non-managerial staff is very supportive of each other.

Cons

Zanes Law talks the talk but does not walk the walk. Regular meetings are held, allegedly to motivate. However, the way management (Claudia) does this is to belittle, berate, and blame and shame whomever is in their sights on that particular day. The work load is immense (and this is advertised on their web site as "hundreds of open cases.") Management personalizes every aspect of the job, and it is true what others are saying here: if the CEO likes you, you're safe. If not, better start looking for a job, like yesterday. Some examples of this: the CEO fired a young assistant because she refused to pay a $5 penalty for being 1 minute late to a staff meeting. Another example: they fired an assistant for taking a day off to attend her grandfather's funeral. One paralegal gave her two week notice just after lunch on a Friday and was told to leave right then and there.

I truly believe it is important for applicants to realize what they are getting into. It might be ok for a time, but verbal abuse is an ongoing issue. Zanes Law wants the public to see how much they care. The problem is that behind the scenes is a different story. Employees are threatened with getting fired on a very regular basis. I think it's important for candidates to know that if you have thick skin and/or can play their game, you'll do ok, but if not, you may want to seriously consider other options. My last example is, I believe, vital to understanding the dynamics and the "culture" of the firm: at an office Christmas party, the CEO made everyone put her dogs' bark collar on and bark like a dog, shocking them with electricity. Very dehumanizing. Their "we care" ideology is simply a marketing tool. They talk the talk but don't really walk the walk.

Claudia Zanes is a great sales person, but she is not qualified to be the CEO of a law firm (and frankly no non-lawyer is qualified for such a position in any law firm). The mass exodus that occurs on a regular basis, the on-going turn over problems, are directly caused by the lack of respect for the employees and ignoring the talents and abilities individuals bring. Until this is recognized and changed, this firm will never reach its high goals. Stop using the word "customer"...your clients are not buying a product, they need a lawyer, and your management team (Doug and Claudia) would do well to remember that. You're dealing with people's lives, not trying to sell them the latest gadget. Go back to the basics.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Zanes Law (View Most Recent)

Disheartened & Discouraged.

I have been working at Zanes Law full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the few wonderful aspects is the opportunity to perform volunteer work for the community. The employees below senior mgmt are hard-working fun individuals. It's a fast paced challenging job, but helping people is a fulfilling element that makes up for the day-to-day challenges and obstacles.

Cons

Unfortunately, due to the fact that it is a "family" business there is an enormous amount of unnecessary drama. Firstly, the high turnover rate is not due to the increasingly expansive pace of the firm. People are underpaid, overworked, & most of all under-appreciated. The firm has core values & a mission statement that is on the right track, but fails to extend to its employees. The CEO has an immense problem of keeping herself objective and professional. It is true that if senior mgmt does not like you then your job will be depressing, because senior mgmt resorts to personal attacks on individuals often reducing them to less than individuals. They have no regards to personal dignity and often belittle their employees. This firm could be something great, it has all the right pieces, but it is not heading in the right direction. This facade of being nice & caring to the employees needs to stop. Follow your own values, actually live out the A-player distinctions you have set forth, & stop with the unnecessary rudeness & drama. Lastly, I find it awful how mgmt contacted people via facebook & at work asking for glassdoor reviews, bc their review was so low. If employees really cared about the firm they would have written great reviews on their own, instead Zanes Law went around begging for good reviews. If you can tell all of the "good" reviews came about in a short time period and all have the same language. Let's stop with the antics and the "we are awesome" mask.

Open your eyes.

Work Hard, Play Hard

I have been working at Zanes Law full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zanes Law has built an incredible culture. This is why I enjoy working there. The culture is a great representation of the classic quote “work hard, play hard.” Goals are set high every quarter and it requires you to become one with the Zanes Law team in order to conquer them. The team is a pleasure to be around and it is an uplifting experience working together with so many people giving 100% to service the Tucson community. Once these goals are met, at the end of the quarter the team gets together and has an awesome quarterly celebration. It is easy to see that Doug and Claudia have a great respect for their employees and want to reward them in very generous ways for their hard work.

Zanes Law has also provided me, along with the rest of the team, great opportunities to participate in charitable work outside of the office. They encourage us to bring along loved ones to community service events. It’s great to see everyone working so hard at these events and bringing their families along for the fun. At these events the team becomes one big family and that is by far my favorite thing about working for Zanes Law.

Cons

Zanes Law is a rapidly growing company. When I first started, we had half as many employees as we do now. Even though the company has essentially doubled, there has been some turnover. In order to excel in the Zanes Law culture you need to be an “A” player and not be afraid to dive in with two feet. This can be tough at times and is definitely different than your normal or previous job. With the turnover, workloads have increased and the bar is always being set higher. The boutique feel that the law firm once had is transitioning into a company where high-end executives are being sought after for top-level positions.

Continue to focus on what you are great at, which is expanding the business and fulfilling the company mission statement.

There are newer employer reviews for Zanes Law

Worked for Zanes Law? Contribute to the Community!