Zanes Law

www.personalinjurylawfirmtucson.com

Think long and hard before accepting a job with Zanes Law

Paralegal (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsIt's honestly difficult to come up with pros, but I can say the facilities are decent and the non-managerial staff is very supportive of each other.

ConsZanes Law talks the talk but does not walk the walk. Regular meetings are held, allegedly to motivate. However, the way management (Claudia) does this is to belittle, berate, and blame and shame whomever is in their sights on that particular day. The work load is immense (and this is advertised on their web site as "hundreds of open cases.") Management personalizes every aspect of the job, and it is true what others are saying here: if the CEO likes you, you're safe. If not, better start looking for a job, like yesterday. Some examples of this: the CEO fired a young assistant because she refused to pay a $5 penalty for being 1 minute late to a staff meeting. Another example: they fired an assistant for taking a day off to attend her grandfather's funeral. One paralegal gave her two week notice just after lunch on a Friday and was told to leave right then and there.

I truly believe it is important for applicants to realize what they are getting into. It might be ok for a time, but verbal abuse is an ongoing issue. Zanes Law wants the public to see how much they care. The problem is that behind the scenes is a different story. Employees are threatened with getting fired on a very regular basis. I think it's important for candidates to know that if you have thick skin and/or can play their game, you'll do ok, but if not, you may want to seriously consider other options. My last example is, I believe, vital to understanding the dynamics and the "culture" of the firm: at an office Christmas party, the CEO made everyone put her dogs' bark collar on and bark like a dog, shocking them with electricity. Very dehumanizing. Their "we care" ideology is simply a marketing tool. They talk the talk but don't really walk the walk.

Advice to Senior ManagementClaudia Zanes is a great sales person, but she is not qualified to be the CEO of a law firm (and frankly no non-lawyer is qualified for such a position in any law firm). The mass exodus that occurs on a regular basis, the on-going turn over problems, are directly caused by the lack of respect for the employees and ignoring the talents and abilities individuals bring. Until this is recognized and changed, this firm will never reach its high goals. Stop using the word "customer"...your clients are not buying a product, they need a lawyer, and your management team (Doug and Claudia) would do well to remember that. You're dealing with people's lives, not trying to sell them the latest gadget. Go back to the basics.

Disheartened & Discouraged.

I have been working at Zanes Law full-time for more than a year

Pros: One of the few wonderful aspects is the opportunity to perform volunteer work for the community. The employees below senior mgmt are hard-working… Cons: Unfortunately, due to the fact that it is a "family" business there is an enormous amount of unnecessary drama. Firstly, the high turnover rate is… Advice to Senior Management: Open your eyes. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Work Hard, Play Hard

I have been working at Zanes Law full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Zanes Law has built an incredible culture. This is why I enjoy working there. The culture is a great representation of the classic quote “work… Cons: Zanes Law is a rapidly growing company. When I first started, we had half as many employees as we do now. Even though the company… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to focus on what you are great at, which… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Zanes Law.

Worked for Zanes Law? Contribute to the Community!