Zara

There are newer employer reviews for Zara

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bridgewater, NJ
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Zara part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Opportunity to grow within the company
Excellent for Students

Cons

Communicating with top managers is complicated

None

396 Other Employee Reviews for Zara (View Most Recent)

Working for Zara was the most stressful, unprofessional, and unethical company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Key Holder in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Key Holder in New York, NY

I worked at Zara full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Fashion
    New Merchandise twice a week

Cons

Low quality merchandise ( items would be delivered damaged )
    Extremely over priced considering the quality
    The discount was only 15%
    Not considered full time even if you work 40+ hours a week
    Only 1 hour of training then you were expected to know where everything is and how to do everything. If you did not you would be fired immediately.
    Hired only hispanic people with little to no education that they could abuse for their own amusement.
    Horrible customer service
    Unprofessional staff members, some of my staff could not even speak english. I had to find another staff member to translate task and vice versa.
    The uniform the whole team had to wear , black nylon pants and blazer and a spandex long sleeve shirt, and men's dress shoes that gave everyones feet large blisters. it did not matter if you had blisters most management had zero sympathy and would send you home rather than let you wear another pair of shoes.

There was no Air Conditioning in the store during the summer, it was 82 everyday. Upper management did not care and would not permit staff to remove blazer in the summer. Every week we had to call the ambulance because the store was so hot customers and staff members would faint.

The management team has 0 communication between each other. Each manager had there own agenda. In one day 4 managers would yell at you informing you of your responsibility. Then another manager would yell at you saying you were doing the task wrong.

Upper Management was unethical. They favored certain associates and made the others life a living hell. They would be on your case everyday no matter if you did everything right. They would make reasons up just to yell at them. It was the most unethical and unprofessional experience of my life. I would walk into the office and the Store Manager would be talking about me ( making fun of ) staff members and laughing to each other. They would make fun of staff that had bad family life, was over weight, not pretty enough and just didn't fit in.

They expect so much from their staff and show absolutely no appreciation. In my 7 months working as a Key Holder for the SOHO location i was never given positive feedback. I was singled out because of my race and treated like an alien by all of the management team. They would make up stories about me and i would be yelled at for things i never did. They would have zero proof and it didn't matter i was expected to not say anything and just be abused on a daily basis.

I would never even have my worst enemy work in this hell hole.

Management would act a certain way and then when corporate would come in they would change.

People were constantly fired for made up reasons. They were fired because the management team just didn't like them or because they asked questions. I actually got screamed at for training a new associate and helping them on the sales floor. I was told that they were already trained and if they don't know the answer from their 1 hour training they will be fired.

Fire all management and rehire.

Alright

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Zara full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Honestly, a pretty standard retail job. Folding clothes, doing inventory, dealing with customers.

Cons

I always feel like I am either being worked into the GROUND one week, the next week only working one or two days.

There are newer employer reviews for Zara