There are newer employer reviews for Zara

Over worked and under appreciated

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Zara part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff was friendly and amazing, Product line were favourable and well designed.

Cons

Pay rate system was not up to appreciated level for staff levels. Higher office management treated lower staff with much disrespect.

Advice to Management

Try to get office management to re-evaluate their pay system for sales/stock staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Zara

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)

I worked at Zara full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about this company is when you leave and look back on what a terrible experience it was. DO NOT WORK HERE !!!!!!!!!!

Cons

Not a great atmosphere area manger was toxic would come into store scream at everyone,expect you to work long hours contracted for 40 hours work about 65-70, Area manger would come in and say' I don't like her get rid now' One of the worst experiences of my career

Advice to Management

Need to care for your staff. Toxic management from regional/head office staff.

Horrible staff and un-realistic demands

Former Employee - Cashier in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Cashier in London, England (UK)

I worked at Zara part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay and bonus every month dependent on how the company does

Cons

The majority of the managers are very rude. I had one incident were I was told off by a manager (in front of everyone may I add which was very unprofessional) about how I did not run after a customer who ran off forgetting their change. Apparently I should have left my till ran out the shop on to the busy high street (cash in hand) to find this customer. I had never been in this situation before so I did not know that is was acceptable to leave my till in this way. And to be shouted at in such a disgusting manner infront of everyone was totally appalling. The manger even threatened me with a bad reference. It was just total bullying in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employee's in this way. Looking back I wish I had made a complaint about this manager mentioned above, It was a very upsetting experience. Im glad I don't work here now.