There are newer employer reviews for Zara

Love the company, the clothes, and the sales associates

Former Employee - Cashier in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Cashier in Orlando, FL

I worked at Zara part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent product, so you can be proud to say you work for Zara. Very healthy competition to reach sales goals and a lot of opportunity to grow but you have to be the best and always go the extra mile

Cons

Terrible employee discount, I suggest that the company raise the discount for employees since we have such a hard time resisting buying something everyday.

Other Employee Reviews for Zara

1. Worst Management ever

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Greenwich, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Greenwich, CT

I have been working at Zara part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, coworkers are entertaining since we all hate the general manager, some of the managers let us listen to music during closing ( if general manager isn’t there)Good pay, coworkers are entertaining since we all hate the general manager, some of the managers let us listen to music during closing ( if general manager isn’t there)

Cons

Management doesn't know how to manage the schedule, General Manager drags on closing by bringing up new clothing at the last minute, there's no help from management when floor is busy, constantly being stopped to do other projects

Advice to Management

Figure it out, we're not robots. Lead by example

Mismanagement of a company that used to be amazing

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Zara full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

opportunities for growth, get to meet great people on your team, great learning experience of the "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Cons

This company has a great idea that has all but disappeared through the terrible management practices of Upper Management employees. A lot of the corporate employees are very unprofessional: they give you a time when they will do something for you, don't do it, and don't even follow up. The philosophy is: if you need something, you need to keep calling, ten times, to ten different people if you have to. They do not have established training guidelines/programs for any position, and yet they have tremendous expectations. The feedback from corporate is frequently not constructive, they do not offer solutions to any problems. They do not give you sufficient resources.

Advice to Management

Set realistic goals, and give sufficient resources. Make the employees feel appreciated.