Zayo

www.zayo.com
  www.zayo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zayo

Excellent company focused on growth and future potential.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Zayo

Pros

Co-workers are great and very helpful
My first-line leader is a great guy and understands work/life balance
The company is very supportive of employees and their needs outside the office
Great Bonus Package

Cons

Recession has limited growth potential and promotion opportunities

I think the management is focused on what it takes to maintain a great company. Their vision for future business and markets is detailed and engenders confidence in the brand and market potential. Looking forward to the next few years here.

195 Other Employee Reviews for Zayo (View Most Recent)

Smart Company

I have been working at Zayo

Pros

Hard working team members and smart individuals

Cons

Work Life Balance is difficult

Been a roller-coaster ride since joining as a result of the AboveNet acquisition

I have been working at Zayo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hugely focussed on profitability and shareholder value. It's great to have access to integrated systems that pull together all aspects of delivering bandwidth infrastructure services and give staff open visibility on how we're doing. Very open to suggestions for improvement and IT (although overloaded) do actually implement some of these.

Cons

Getting used to continual change is a challenge - something that worked yesterday has a system rule blocking it today. Training and advance communication on process/system changes could be a lot better. Work interruptions whilst out of hours and on vacation can be a downer but the company has stated they are aware and addressing this aspect of the work/life balance.

Continual movement of staff between roles (although probably good for staff development) is very disruptive - no sooner do we get someone trained up to be good at their role, they move on to a different role and we seem to take two steps backwards (in productivity terms) to get the next person up to speed.

There are newer employer reviews for Zayo