Zazzle

There are newer employer reviews for Zazzle

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Zazzle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've only been at Zazzle for about 5 months, but have already been given a role with more responsibility within marketing (was hired into customer service). The teams are growing quickly now with a lot of new faces pretty much every week. The people I work with are smart and work very hard.

Cons

No comments - having a great time.

There are a lot of other great people in CS - be sure to look there for other positions when they open up.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Zazzle (View Most Recent)

Having a good time

Current Employee - Marketing/Merchandising in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing/Merchandising in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Zazzle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I graduated in January and joined Zazzle after meeting them at a career fair. The recruiting process was quick and I have really enjoyed my first 3-4 months. I have gotten to learn a lot on the job (I did not know much about online marketing before I came here), but my manager has been helpful and I feel like I am contributing.

I guess it is also worth mentioning that the campus is great - there is a gym I have used once but have every intention of using more soon. . .trust me.

Cons

I live in SF and take the train down - there is a shuttle from CalTrain but sometimes the times are not ideal.

Zazzle offers career longevity for those able to weather some storms

I worked at Zazzle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You'll work with fantastic colleagues with widely varying backgrounds and interests. There are no internal isms or ists - all employees are judged based on effort and enthusiasm alone. Determined and hard working employees are able to move within the company and mold their unique focus based on individual interests. Many team members have been employed within various departments - marketing member may shift to finance, customer service to marketing, product to engineering, etc. The office is beautiful (if not over the top), and the perks include subsidized lunch, snacks, free weekly meals, happy hours, and gym membership. In the Silicon Valley start-up environment, valuation can be a head-scratcher, and Zazzle is unique in that it is a technology focused company that also produces physical goods. It's exciting to see your vision and work come to life in the customer orders, and a sense of corporate value feels more tangible. The exec team does want to do right by the company and the employees, and an ongoing attitude encouraging improvement has and will continue to progress.

Cons

Inter-departmental communication is flawed and only exists to the extent that you and your colleagues make it so. Exec teams fast-moving agenda in various ex examples does not facilitate comprehensive platform needs or process adoption, and a lot of the code base or product focus is abandoned upon launch if it doesn't sail at onset. Upper management team for the most part have not worked for many other companies, which creates an us vs them division, and a lack of understanding of traditional management practices more common in companies of its size.

Focus on process adoption and inter-departmental communication. Introduce more seasoned industry leaders to exec-staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Zazzle