Zebra Technologies

www.zebra.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zebra Technologies

Great company with industry leading products; scattered projects and little growth potential internally

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Zebra definitely knows their products and the vertical markets they're intended for. Since joining the company over 2.5 years ago, I have received a very holistic education on the market and how printers and media are used. This education helped me succeed and feel confident when speaking in front of sales groups and management. I definitely feel a sense of job security, as the company has positioned themselves as the industry leader.

Cons

Being a jack-of-all-trades in my department, I'm asked to do a lot of different projects, some of which are quite involved and often go nowhere. Many "hot" projects end up capitalizing my time for other key initiatives, and I find myself scrambling to finish up on time. I was also told about an advancement opportunity that I was "perfect for" during my annual review and came to find out the next quarter that "it just wasn't in the budget afterall".

Keep up the product innovation and good rapport with partners and distributors. Open up more opportunities for those seeking advancement and follow through with moving people up.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Zebra Technologies (View Most Recent)

"Treat you like family" attitude but small business mindset, ultra-conservative

Former Employee - Multimedia Designer in Vernon Hills, IL
    Former Employee - Multimedia Designer in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at Zebra Technologies as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Family orientated, coworkers treated me well. Very laid back atmosphere, very little pressure to produce (if you like that).

Cons

Disorganized, behind in implementing latest technologies, not open to new ideas. I heard the word "No" practically every day.

Freshen up your business by speeding up your decision making process, and if you have good talent and fresh blood, keep them around and let the unmotivated dead weight go.

Active Purging of Very good people going on at Zebra.

Current Employee - Financial in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Financial in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people are currently in the market as a result of Zebra letting go of some great talent.

Cons

Current employees waiting for who gets fired next. People receive good performance appraisals and then get fired. Company works to pretend that people are the most important assets. The phony HR happy events don't fool anyone. Most talented associates are looking for jobs elsewhere.

Stop insulting associates by pretending you care about people. Interesting information in the financial statements. Executive getting 6% raise during the qtr recently announced where the company did not do well. What kind of message are you sending?

There are newer employer reviews for Zebra Technologies