Zebra Technologies
www.zebra.com Lincolnshire, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Historically Solid Wall Street Performer; Market Leader; Technically Challenging Products; Abundant Opportunities

New Product Development Manager (Current Employee)
Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMy tenure at Zebra has been exclusively in New Product Engineering and Development at our Vernon Hills, IL facility.

What I admire most about Zebra is that it remains a company where, despite its medium-large company size, an enterprising associate can make his or her mark and receive the individual recognition they deserve. Even our co-op students and interns have visibility up through the VP level! (Prior to joining Zebra, I worked at two very large defense companies and never even saw our divisional heads.) Innovation at every level is strongly encouraged, and given the acceleration in “The Internet of Things”, Zebra is uniquely well-positioned for continued future growth.

ConsIn past years I might have commented that Zebra’s senior executive team tended to be too conservative. (To use a basketball analogy, they didn’t take many three point shots.) The past couple of years, however, there has been a noticeable change in attitude, led by our CEO Anders Gustafsson. The technology areas in which Zebra now plays are growing exponentially, and our senior staff recognizes that we need to take more calculated risks in response to our customer’s rapidly changing needs.

The Zebra culture is not for everyone. As is mentioned elsewhere by other Glassdoor reviewers, Zebra maintains a “small company feel” – and I wholeheartedly agree with that. However, my take on “small company feel” is that self-starters who take personal pride and responsibility for their individual contributions and are comfortable (and even enjoy) the ambiguity of challenging work – they will thrive in this culture. People who are easily discouraged in the face of obstacles and require specific, literal, directives of their managers - these associates will not be as successful...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going strong on the innovation push! Continue to encourage and reward risk-taking. Engage more cross-organizational teams in understanding our customer’s many challenges in the face of a rapidly changing technological landscape.

Zebra Technologies - A Great Place To Work

Finance Associate (Current Employee)
Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The people. 98% of employees are enthusiastic, friendly and energized by co-workers and the atmosphere here. Every day… Cons: Management can sometimes be slow to get rid of dead weight, but it does happen. Staff has been… Advice to Senior Management: Add headcount. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

First Job out of College, Positive Experience

Product Manager (Current Employee)
Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Zebra is a great place to work with many great teachers and mentors. Zebra has a great brand reputation and that permeates into the culture.… Cons: Zebra's great brand reputation has led to some overly conservative views that can hold us back as a company from innovating and changing. While… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management is not unified in how to treat their employees. Departments need more sense of belonging to encourage teams to go above and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Zebra Technologies.

Worked for Zebra Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Zebra Technologies – Why Work for Us?

About Zebra A global leader respected for innovation and reliability, Zebra provides enabling technologies that provide greater visibility into mission-critical information and allow customers to take smarter… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zebra Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zebra Technologies CEO Anders Gustafsson. All reviews posted anonymously by Zebra Technologies employees.