There are newer employer reviews for Zebra Technologies

Great company with great opportunities

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL
Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, benefits, and opportunities. There is a way to accomplish anything you are looking for here! Most of the managers are amazing and are willing to help and listen.

Cons

While improving in this area, they should keep working to remove the department silos. Share what each department does and who is in each department. There are areas of growth and development available when people know what is out there.

Advice to Management

Share information with your associates. The more they know, the more helpful they can be to you.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Company, Great Management!

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for Zebra for the past 3 years and I have enjoyed every minute here. I feel very lucky to have such great managers and coworkers. The culture is great - it really feels like a second family here. Everyone is very supportive of each other, and dedicated to their daily work. I am encouraged to learn new, different things in order to find my area of interest. My manager supports my goals and encourages me to attend conferences and participate in trainings to expand my knowledge.

Cons

There is no workout facility in the Lincolnshire building and the workout room in Vernon Hills is VERY dated. The cafeteria in Lincolnshire is not the best. The breakrooms do not offer very much in either building. The headcount and resources are tight at times, but everyone works together to get things done so it has never been too big of a problem for us.

Advice to Management

The management here at Zebra are doing a great job. They treat their employees with respect, which is key.

2. Great company with industry leading products; scattered projects and little growth potential internally

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Zebra definitely knows their products and the vertical markets they're intended for. Since joining the company over 2.5 years ago, I have received a very holistic education on the market and how printers and media are used. This education helped me succeed and feel confident when speaking in front of sales groups and management. I definitely feel a sense of job security, as the company has positioned themselves as the industry leader.

Cons

Being a jack-of-all-trades in my department, I'm asked to do a lot of different projects, some of which are quite involved and often go nowhere. Many "hot" projects end up capitalizing my time for other key initiatives, and I find myself scrambling to finish up on time. I was also told about an advancement opportunity that I was "perfect for" during my annual review and came to find out the next quarter that "it just wasn't in the budget afterall".

Advice to Management

Keep up the product innovation and good rapport with partners and distributors. Open up more opportunities for those seeking advancement and follow through with moving people up.