Zebra Technologies

www.zebra.com
  www.zebra.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zebra Technologies

Zebra Tech. is a progressive company with a positive work environment.

Current Employee - Indirect Procurement/Corporate Services in Lincolnshire, IL
Current Employee - Indirect Procurement/Corporate Services in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Zebra Technologies is the leader in it's industry, making it an attractive company to work for. The Zebra work culture is positive, innovative and collaborative, resulting in both company and professional success.

Cons

No cons. Working for Zebra has been a positive experience.

Keep up the momentum! We are here to support Zebra's initiatives so that Zebra continues to grow into an even more successful company.

77 Other Employee Reviews for Zebra Technologies (View Most Recent)

A complete mess of an organization

Former Employee - Interim Global Product Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Interim Global Product Marketing Manager

I worked at Zebra Technologies as a contractor

Pros

Good location
    Pay is not bad
    Lots of opportunity to learn new things, provided you are self-motivated since there is no training or support offered

Cons

Extreme reliance on outside vendors who are vastly incompetent
    Corporate strategy changes on seemingly daily basis
    People in charge of product strategy and planning are grossly under-qualified
    No one here has any vision

Time to clean house and bring in an entirely new breed of employee. I served as a temporary contractor for several months and had permanent employment been offered, I never would have accepted under these current conditions. You will never garner nor retain MBAs like myself if this is how you continue to run the company.

Historically Solid Wall Street Performer; Market Leader; Technically Challenging Products; Abundant Opportunities

Current Employee - New Product Development Manager in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - New Product Development Manager in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My tenure at Zebra has been exclusively in New Product Engineering and Development at our Vernon Hills, IL facility.

What I admire most about Zebra is that it remains a company where, despite its medium-large company size, an enterprising associate can make his or her mark and receive the individual recognition they deserve. Even our co-op students and interns have visibility up through the VP level! (Prior to joining Zebra, I worked at two very large defense companies and never even saw our divisional heads.) Innovation at every level is strongly encouraged, and given the acceleration in “The Internet of Things”, Zebra is uniquely well-positioned for continued future growth.

Cons

In past years I might have commented that Zebra’s senior executive team tended to be too conservative. (To use a basketball analogy, they didn’t take many three point shots.) The past couple of years, however, there has been a noticeable change in attitude, led by our CEO Anders Gustafsson. The technology areas in which Zebra now plays are growing exponentially, and our senior staff recognizes that we need to take more calculated risks in response to our customer’s rapidly changing needs.

The Zebra culture is not for everyone. As is mentioned elsewhere by other Glassdoor reviewers, Zebra maintains a “small company feel” – and I wholeheartedly agree with that. However, my take on “small company feel” is that self-starters who take personal pride and responsibility for their individual contributions and are comfortable (and even enjoy) the ambiguity of challenging work – they will thrive in this culture. People who are easily discouraged in the face of obstacles and require specific, literal, directives of their managers - these associates will not be as successful...

Keep going strong on the innovation push! Continue to encourage and reward risk-taking. Engage more cross-organizational teams in understanding our customer’s many challenges in the face of a rapidly changing technological landscape.

There are newer employer reviews for Zebra Technologies