Zeiders Enterprises

GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR MID_SIZE COMPANY

Current Employee - Ed Services Coordinator
Current Employee - Ed Services Coordinator

I have been working at Zeiders Enterprises

Pros

Communciation flow is great from Leadership to employees
Ample visibility of decision process
Excellent work serving military members and their families

Cons

The salary for my position is acceptable but there is a "window". If not for agressive negotiation, I would have been offered a salary far below my education and experience.

I believe that Zeiders has very capable personnel, and those who are there are employed with the company because of the work they do. I think Zeiders would do well to provide more personal/professional development opportunities such as professional certification training for managers.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Zeiders Enterprises (View Most Recent)

Making a difference in military members/families lives

I have been working at Zeiders Enterprises

Pros

Employees for the most part(not at corporate) are government contractors, so they do not work with Corporate directly. Due to this if you are placed at a good site the experience can be a huge plus. I am at a wonderful site where the GS and Contractors work very closely together and are treated no differently by the supervisors/directors of the site (all GS). The GS are very encouraging of enhancing knowledge and bringing it into the work place. There are many things where the GS hands are tied when working with the contractors due to the government contract and rules. Zeiders supervisor is very supportive and is kept very busy supporting the local employees. Corporate has its pros by responding to inquiries and providing pretty good benefits to its employees that some government contractors do not. Also, employees have a better chance of transferring with their job as military spouses if their are positions open in area they are going. They are also very supportive of employees needs if there is illness, family emergencies, etc. Of course the Client Site needs to be of the same belief which the site I am at is.

Cons

Zeiders does not recognize employees for the significant work and going beyond the job requirements to meet the Clients needs. Pay raises should be based on merit and not just time in position. People should be paid for their experience when hired, not just based on "well, this is what we pay. Take it or leave it." attitude. There really is not enough feedback in the type of work an individual is doing for the client from Zeiders.

Also, the company gives "gifts" throughout the year which is their way of trying to say thank you for your hard work. However, I know that many of those I work with would appreciate the money spent on those items be combined and given as a yearly cash bonus. Even if it was a $100...not alot someone can do with a huge umbrella with their name on it.

Ask their employees for feedback on things. Recognize employees regularly that go beyond. The client would be happy to give feedback.

Very content working here and proud of what I do for military families

I have been working at Zeiders Enterprises

Pros

We do great things for military families, and it is easy to be proud of that. In our small way, we make a difference in people's lives and support the men and women (and their families) that proudly serve our country.

Cons

Would like to see a stronger and more supported emphasis placed on professional development of staff. We help and train so many service members and their family members, but staff need training too in order to retain their cutting edge knowledge and capabilities. Training is available, but not always strongly encouraged.

Proud of our Zei mission statement, but would like to see it emphasized and practiced more

There are newer employer reviews for Zeiders Enterprises