Zellers

www.zellers.com
  www.zellers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zellers

Working here has shown me a new level of just how uncaring employers can be.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Zellers

Pros

There aren't alot of pros. I enjoy the people I work with but that's it. My particular supervisor is understanding but the senior staff seems to really not care about it's employees.

Cons

Discounts are now being taken away, if you want your discount you must use a hbc credit card. Seniority is not based on how long you've worked there but your availability. I told them I wasn't able to work Sundays due to no babysitting available for my kids and was told that my seniority would slip below those employees that just started. Their sick policy stinks. Apparently you are only allowed to be sick 3 times a year. After 10 you get a letter which is standard but after that letter I was away for 2 days and got a 2 written warning. During which time i was working with a fractured collarbone.

Perhaps truly caring about your employees would be a start. There is more to business than credit blends and how many credit referrals you receive. By making your employees feel like they don't matter, eventually, you will be filling out those referrals yourselves, and wondering where all the staff went.

93 Other Employee Reviews for Zellers (View Most Recent)

Don't work Here!

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Guelph, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Guelph, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Zellers

Pros

The discount policy, associate buying club and ability to transfer to other locations fairly easily. Work isn't terribly hard.

Cons

1. Discount policy is changing. In order to recieve a discount, all employees must use hbc credit card.
    2. Credit blend and credit card referrals are the only thing management cares about.
    3. Very little opportunity for advancement or recognition.
    4. Almost no feedback from supervisors or management.
    5. Virtually no training.
    6. Health and safety is not a priority.

Give incentives to non-cash employees, improve health and safety awareness, train new employees, ensure there are opportunities for raises, review performance regularly and give feedback.

Not much Gain

Former Employee - Jewelry Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Jewelry Sales Associate

I worked at Zellers

Pros

It was easy to get in and the co workers are nice. They hire students as I had some co workers who were 15 years old.

Cons

The management team wasn't that nice and didn't help out as much as I'd like. They sometimes put too little people on the floor and it does get really busy sometimes

I think you need to hire people and put them on the floor. It was really low of staff when I worked there.

There are newer employer reviews for Zellers