There are newer employer reviews for Zellers

Not a pleasant job experience. OKAY for a student part-time job...

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Burlington, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Zellers

Pros

Nice people at my location

Cons

Unorganized
Repetative
Boring
Hardly any connection with management
Favourtism.

89 Other Employee Reviews for Zellers (View Most Recent)

Working here has shown me a new level of just how uncaring employers can be.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Zellers

Pros

There aren't alot of pros. I enjoy the people I work with but that's it. My particular supervisor is understanding but the senior staff seems to really not care about it's employees.

Cons

Discounts are now being taken away, if you want your discount you must use a hbc credit card. Seniority is not based on how long you've worked there but your availability. I told them I wasn't able to work Sundays due to no babysitting available for my kids and was told that my seniority would slip below those employees that just started. Their sick policy stinks. Apparently you are only allowed to be sick 3 times a year. After 10 you get a letter which is standard but after that letter I was away for 2 days and got a 2 written warning. During which time i was working with a fractured collarbone.

Perhaps truly caring about your employees would be a start. There is more to business than credit blends and how many credit referrals you receive. By making your employees feel like they don't matter, eventually, you will be filling out those referrals yourselves, and wondering where all the staff went.

Don't work Here!

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative  in  Guelph, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Guelph, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Zellers

Pros

The discount policy, associate buying club and ability to transfer to other locations fairly easily. Work isn't terribly hard.

Cons

1. Discount policy is changing. In order to recieve a discount, all employees must use hbc credit card.
    2. Credit blend and credit card referrals are the only thing management cares about.
    3. Very little opportunity for advancement or recognition.
    4. Almost no feedback from supervisors or management.
    5. Virtually no training.
    6. Health and safety is not a priority.

Give incentives to non-cash employees, improve health and safety awareness, train new employees, ensure there are opportunities for raises, review performance regularly and give feedback.

There are newer employer reviews for Zellers

Worked for Zellers? Contribute to the Community!