Zend Technologies
www.zend.com Cupertino, CA 50 to 149 Employees

A great company gone bad.

Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Zend Technologies

ProsI worked with some great people at Zend and worked on some very interesting projects. They really do have a core of good people distributed throughout the company.

ConsUnfortunately, almost all of the interesting people I worked with were not in upper management. There was a ceiling, above which you had to be hired in and you have to be known by one of the VC companies that control the board. This means that there is rarely an infusion of new ideas into the C/VP level, it's just more of the same that you see at every start up.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate, decide what you want to do, spend more time developing products people want instead of letting marketing decide what products need to be released. Also, understand that no matter what your deadline is, the programmers there have a right to a life. You don't have the right to demand more than 40 hours from any employee, regardless of how important the project is to the company's well being.

Not as they were

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Zend Technologies as an intern for less than a year

Pros: were a very good company. Cons: not as they used to be Advice to Senior Management: no idea anymore No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Zend Technologies

Ramat Gan (Israel)

I worked at Zend Technologies

Pros: Nice place to grow up technically. Good people to work with.… Cons: The downsides are insignificant to specify them here. Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to the software quality and stability, instead of… More

There are newer reviews on Zend Technologies.

Worked for Zend Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zend Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zend Technologies CEO Andi Gutmans. All reviews posted anonymously by Zend Technologies employees.