There are newer employer reviews for Zendesk

Talented people driving an outstanding business philosophy

Current Employee - Support in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zendesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are put first. No really. Zendesk understands that if employees are genuinely happy that it will translate to customers and success. This simple core principle is actively present in everything they do. Zendesk is what happens when cool culture and innovative product collide.

Cons

The product, though intuitive, does grow quickly so you your character set needs to include flexibility and speed to thrive in this kind of environment.

Advice to Management

Thanks for doing it right, for keeping it personal, for promoting talent, and for laughing with us at happy hour.

Other Employee Reviews for Zendesk

It feels great to be on the winning team.

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zendesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for about 5 or 6 tech companies, varying in size and I can say with full confidence that Zendesk is the coolest, happiest place I've ever worked. I hope the party never ends. From the marketing perspective, it's a very creative environment, with lots of collaboration and celebration when success hits. Politics, competition and positioning is minimal and work/life balance is something that is encouraged and supported. You can see this in the diversity of the workforce - you have everyone from newbies fresh out of college to working parents and everything in between. I feel like it's easy to succeed here because I'm given the support to voice my ideas - as well as the personal time to recover. From the growth perspective, it doesn't hurt that Zendesk is considered one of the hottest in tech right now and our customer penetration is off the charts. It feels great to be on the team that is winning.

Cons

It's a company in transition, so there are cons that come with that, but for the most part, the company is adjusting to the growth in a really healthy way.

Advice to Management

Don't let growth get in the way of staying agile & fun.

A breath of fresh Zen

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zendesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A cool company, a big vision, and dedication to doing right by our growing customer base, and each other, making us a great lead by example environment with tremendous respect. All the fun perks of a SF startup, with the seriousness of building a mega-business in the customer support space makes this a great place to build your career.

Cons

The location of the tenderloin makes the walk to work mostly meant for the urban adventurer...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!