Zenex Partners

There are newer employer reviews for Zenex Partners

Foot in the door

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Zenex Partners as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

It's a great stepping stone, you have to learn a lot on your own so be prepared. they teach you the basics/bare minimum of recruiting. If you're a brown noser or a underdog its the place for you, the CEO has a soft spot for them.

Cons

There were a few perks when I had started, but most of them are gone now that moral has gone down the hole. There are a lot of broken promised from this company, they are more talk and no follow through. The in house team had about 15 people in the beginning of January and now its down to by half with only one account manager left, one was laid off due to budget cuts and the other one quit due to budget cuts. There is only 2 people on the current team, that have been there for over 3 years besides the CEO, the turn over rate is very high. I've been told that people usually don't stay over 1 year. The CEO is like every other business just out there, just looking to make money, she don't care she only acts as though she does to make you feel like you're part of a team but in reality she talks about everyone behind their back, even the client companies. She also changes her mind a a whim so make sure to stay on her good side if you want to keep your job. Be cautious and take everything with a grain of salt and as a learning experience. I did and life is now fantastic :). I now work for a great company and doesn't over promise and under delivers. I know what is expected of me and what to expect back. I actually respect my superiors, and don't loath going to work. Management expects you to work overtime without OT pay, or even pay in general because they want to know that you're "dedicated." if you have anything to do/say make sure you document everything through letters or email.

You've been a established business, act like one instead of a start up it's not very professional. Update the way you recruit, calling the same people over and over for a position they are way over qualified for is embarrassing not only for the recruiter but your company. Take the time to teach your employees how to source and recruit, so you don't have to rely on separate teams. If you low ball people, expect to be low balled back.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Zenex Partners (View Most Recent)

Decent launch pad for a career in recruiting/HR

I worked at Zenex Partners

Pros

-You can learn a whole lot about how the contract staffing "process" works by starting off at a place like Zenex Partners.
    -Great co-workers...More specifically, the other technical recruiters.

Cons

-Extremely high pressure to perform; one would even say unreasonably high pressure and expectations. Metrics are meant to encourage workers to strive towards excellence and high performance. They shouldn't be used to induce job security-related fears.
    -Lack of stability. Every day, you walk into work having this feeling that today could very well be your last day. Imagine how torturous that feeling would be.

Did you guys ask your current employees to write positive reviews on Glassdoor? Whose idea was that? Having so many overly positive reviews written on and around the same date makes the company look really silly...That's the most polite way that I can put it. I would suggest a better plan if you're trying to market Zenex Partners as a great place to work.

Zenex is like a family to their employees; here I feel the best balance in between work and life.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst/Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst/Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Zenex Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Zenex is providing the wonderful professional environment and extra official activities to motivate their employees.
    This is the one of the top staffing company in California. I am really enjoying working with Zenex Partners.

Cons

I don't find any downside

Let's grow up