Great place, but management needs to be reviewed

Former Employee - Policy Operations Employee  in  Woodland Hills, CA
Former Employee - Policy Operations Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Zenith Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to learn. Depending on your supervisor- some were very understanding and helpful. Good benefits and great pay. I learned a lot in a short amount of time, but then again i wasn't a favorite. So I had to work very hard for my promotions. Company holds meeting to discuss their changes most of the times. One VP was very good at having an open door policy and listening to concerns.

Cons

People were not treated equally at all. People in management roles have no right being in those roles. People who called out and wasted company time were promoted fast because they would do "special" errands for the manager.

Please take a look at the managers in the departments. If it wasn't for the manager I had I would have given this review 5 stars easily. I quit for 2 reasons, and one of them was the manager. I could no longer take her, and was lucky enough that I could quit after almost 8 years. If it wasn't for her, I may have decided to stay with the company.

Other Reviews for Zenith Insurance

I have worked for 10 years at Zenith and it has been a tremendous learning experience

Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Zenith Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They are all about training for all things worker's comp. They keep their employees up to date on how the company is doing financially so your not in the dark.
    They encourage doing things the right way for the right reason and very team oriented

Cons

It's a constant changing environment and process/ this can be stressful for people

Always get input on new process that you think will be efficient but end up making extra work for the worker bees.

Employee Friendly Company

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Zenith Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Smart underwriting and claims organization
    Good benefits
    Well respected in the Insurance Industry

Cons

Specialization makes it more difficult for Zenith to ride out the market forces

There are newer employer reviews for Zenith Insurance.

Worked for Zenith Insurance? Contribute to the Community!