Zeno Group

www.zenogroup.com

Collaborative, high energy, passionate

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Chicago, IL

Pros

Aside from the nuts and bolts pros of working at Zeno -- great benefits package, generous vacation and holiday time, fun/innovative work spaces -- it truly is the culture and the people that make this a great place to work! My coworkers are extremely creative and passionate people and that plays out in the work they do for our clients. The culture encourages collaboration and teamwork in and out of the office, and it allows for personal and professional development at all levels. The junior staff are exposed to senior leaders and clients in a way that they wouldn't get a larger agency and the more mid-level/senior staff are constantly being exposed to new situations that give them opportunities to think creatively and push the boundaries of what PR can do.

Coming from someone who isn't on the PR side of the business, I can happily say that all the above apply to the administrative functions as well. We're always looking for best practices and new processes to streamline the overall business and to enhance the culture as we continue to grow globally.

Cons

The "cons" with Zeno are the ones that apply to a lot of other agencies. It's necessary from time-to-time to put in some long hours to get the job done and you also have to juggle multiple client needs at the same time. The great thing about Zeno is that the community here provides a real support system for when busy season hits, and we're all willing to go the extra mile to help each other out in tough spots.

We all want to see the great culture and environment that we have developed be maintained and enhanced as we continue to grow. Management needs to continue to make smart strategic decisions to make sure we can do that!

Other reviews for Zeno Group

Very negative agency experience here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

It's hard for me to think of pros from my time I spent working at Zeno, other than it helped me understand better the type of enviroment and supervisor I wanted in my next position.

Cons

- Infrastructure of company is seriously lacking and not even close to being up to speed with other PR agencies.
    - Technology is behind the times, and the NYC office is not conducive to doing work or having private conversations, with either other colleagues or clients.
    - Long hours are the norm because the agency simply does not have the appropriate staff resources. New business is the norm as the agency does not have a stable list of profitable, long-term clients.
    - Compensation and benefits are not in line with what other PR agencies offer.
    - For PR people who want to do more than just media outreach, this is not the place for you. The emphasis here is pitching, pitching, pitching.
    - The junior/mid-level staff in NYC office was unprofessional and unpolished much of the time.
    - My supervisor was horrid and basically created an abusive work situation. The day-to-day work experience was unproductive and unhealthy.

Smart, savvy communicators- high performance at every level

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

incredibly creative team
    passion for what we do is common thread in staff
    senior level managers get to do hands on account/client work

Cons

work life balance can suffer
    client load can be intense

There are newer employer reviews for Zeno Group.

Worked for Zeno Group? Contribute to the Community!