There are newer employer reviews for Zenprise

"Zenprise is its own worst enemy; because the culture does not promote information sharing the firm suffers"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Fremont, CA
Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Fremont, CA

I worked at Zenprise

Pros

Location, Hours, Proximity to SF

Cons

1. Weak Centralized Leadership - This firm is a typical Silicon Valley Startup; the mentality is to pitch to VCs to get as much possible for financial support. There is no focus on making the internal processes stronger so that the company can make it to the next level.

2. No Corporate Identity - There is no unity between departments; I felt like I worked for a different company than many of the folks over there. Even though my cube was near many other employees, some of the folks would walk by me in the halls & in the kitchen like I was not even there. Thats interesting given the fact that this firm only has @50 people!

3. One Way Communication - The managers do not encourage their reports to develop new ideas or give them a platform to express themselves. Communication flows one way - Down.

4. Poor to Non-Existant Documentation - The firm does not promote internal documentation for workers. This with the fact that there is no training makes it difficult to navigate through this firm to understand the product. The Engineers have to become less jealous of the information that they possess and more willing to share their knowledge.

"Promote Internal Communication"

reviews filtered by
  1. Neck break pace from time to time but overall very good environment

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Zenprise full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Responsive senior management. Daily dinners, beautiful campus next to shores.

Cons

Hectic, can be hard to manage balanced work life

Keep doing what you are doing

2. Run Away.

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Zenprise full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Zenprise investrs and VC's cashed out in Jan 2013.
    No chance now of the company running out of capital now.

Job security for the mediocre.

Cons

No vision. No product integration. Huge bureaucratic infrastructure on top of the incompetent middle management.

Now that you have the cash from the MDM property flip to Citrix, isn't it about time you stepped aside and let the professionals do their job?

There are newer employer reviews for Zenprise