Look the other way

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Zep full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent base salary Can call on any type of account Build territory form the ground up

Cons

No Car/gas/cell phone allowance Want you to be commission only in 2 years No legit training, just online modules Only know if another rep has an account if you happen to call account

Advice to Management

Give people time to build their business..and its unheard of to not be reimbursed for any expenses in outside sales.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It started out great, like a family but then they became cold and hard on sales reps.

Former Employee - Chemical Sales
    Former Employee - Chemical Sales

I worked at Zep

Pros

Started out as a great job that I could build my own business and work my own hours. When they went public it was then all about the shareholders and making money. Even my customers were not valued like they should have been

Cons

Too many major changes in the company from 2005 on up. My old manager didn't know what he was doing and the higher ups didn't know or want to hear how bad his management skills were. He was later fired I heard.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics like Harry M. ran it. Value your employees and they will value you.

Horrible

I worked at Zep

Pros

If you are looking for a temp job this can fill this void. Although, you may not work forty hours a week. Then some no work at all.

Cons

Management of this organization will run the company in the ground. Salaried people are not treated fairly or respected. Zep is cutting back on the quality of their products. How they have remained in business is a mystery.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the incompentent management in your plants. The only reason the people working in salaried positions are nice to their supervisors is so they do not get fired. Respected is earned not given.