outside 100% commish sales

Current Employee - Sales Extrordinaire
Current Employee - Sales Extrordinaire

I have been working at Zep

Pros

you get out of it what you put into it. still a good job

Cons

some management has no clue what we do or how we do it

Advice to Management

get to know our business before you make decisions that hurt our company. It used to be a partnership between reps and the company now it's the company against the reps, that needs to change

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Solid Company, Some Growing Pains, Will Thrive in the Future

I worked at Zep

Pros

Zep has some of the finest products int he specialty chemical arena. Their products can be sold to any customer at any time. While the culture is changing, it still has the feel of a smaller company.

Cons

Zep is going through a lot of growing pains currently. It is in the process of the changing the corporate culture and refocusing efforts to establish a multiple route to market strategy. Layoffs, low-employee morale and increased pressures on remaining staff make life difficult in the short term. My thought is that when these changes are complete, Zep will find it's way back to a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Carefully consider strategies and realize that your people are your most valued asset. I have seen some talented people who have been let go due to severances and this can have negative consequences if not looked at from a case by case basis, rather than, a departmental basis.

2. Overall Outlook

Former Employee - Purchasing in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Purchasing in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Zep

Pros

Great overall company to work for. There is a sense of community and familiarity with every employee. Management tries to innovate and monitor productivity constantly and it seems to pay off immensely.

Cons

The facilities are a bit dated. The systems that they operate out of are a bit dated as well. Outside of that, there are few cons.