Zep

There are newer employer reviews for Zep

outside 100% commish sales

Current Employee - Sales Extrordinaire
Current Employee - Sales Extrordinaire

I have been working at Zep

Pros

you get out of it what you put into it. still a good job

Cons

some management has no clue what we do or how we do it

get to know our business before you make decisions that hurt our company. It used to be a partnership between reps and the company now it's the company against the reps, that needs to change

51 Other Employee Reviews for Zep (View Most Recent)

Solid Company, Some Growing Pains, Will Thrive in the Future

I worked at Zep

Pros

Zep has some of the finest products int he specialty chemical arena. Their products can be sold to any customer at any time. While the culture is changing, it still has the feel of a smaller company.

Cons

Zep is going through a lot of growing pains currently. It is in the process of the changing the corporate culture and refocusing efforts to establish a multiple route to market strategy. Layoffs, low-employee morale and increased pressures on remaining staff make life difficult in the short term. My thought is that when these changes are complete, Zep will find it's way back to a great place to work.

Carefully consider strategies and realize that your people are your most valued asset. I have seen some talented people who have been let go due to severances and this can have negative consequences if not looked at from a case by case basis, rather than, a departmental basis.

Great people. Poorly company strategy.

Current Employee - Product Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Zep full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Zep is a very laid back, casual work environment. It is a relatively flat organization so you don't experience as much "politics" as you would in larger organization. It's fairly easy to get exposure to leadership and hands on experience. If you're looking for a great work environment and a lot of autonomy, then this would a good company to explore.

Cons

Many people leave within 2 years because there is no real career path within many of the departments. Additionally, the company strategy is not very well defined, so if you're looking for a very stable/traditional organization with clear career development/training this wouldn't necessairly be a good fit.

Set a clear company strategy. There is too much channel conflict. Also, there isn't a well defined career path - there is little to no incentitive to progress within your role.

There are newer employer reviews for Zep