There are newer employer reviews for Zep

outside 100% commish sales

Current Employee - Sales Extrordinaire
Current Employee - Sales Extrordinaire

I have been working at Zep

Pros

you get out of it what you put into it. still a good job

Cons

some management has no clue what we do or how we do it

get to know our business before you make decisions that hurt our company. It used to be a partnership between reps and the company now it's the company against the reps, that needs to change

reviews filtered by

Solid Company, Some Growing Pains, Will Thrive in the Future

I worked at Zep

Pros

Zep has some of the finest products int he specialty chemical arena. Their products can be sold to any customer at any time. While the culture is changing, it still has the feel of a smaller company.

Cons

Zep is going through a lot of growing pains currently. It is in the process of the changing the corporate culture and refocusing efforts to establish a multiple route to market strategy. Layoffs, low-employee morale and increased pressures on remaining staff make life difficult in the short term. My thought is that when these changes are complete, Zep will find it's way back to a great place to work.

Carefully consider strategies and realize that your people are your most valued asset. I have seen some talented people who have been let go due to severances and this can have negative consequences if not looked at from a case by case basis, rather than, a departmental basis.

2. Laid back work environment with low stress, but very corporate. Good experience opportunity.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Zep as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, friendly co-workers, relaxed environment. Decent benefits for permanent employees. Company values product quality, and ensures customer satisfaction.

Cons

It's difficult to become permanent if you are an hourly employee (temp). They focus on LEAN manufacturing techniques that makes the production process difficult due to out-dated manufacturing equipment.

Not enough people care about the quality of their job. If management could focus on the quality of their employees and show that they care about each individual employee then people might care about their jobs more...

There are newer employer reviews for Zep