There are newer employer reviews for Zerto

An amazing company to work for that takes care of employees and is both rewarding and fun

Current Employee - Technical Marketing Manager  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Technical Marketing Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time for more than a year

Pros

All new employees are welcomed to the Zerto family irrespective of their office being in the US, UK or Israel. Across all offices the same friendly but productive atmosphere is maintained with a keen emphasis on work hard play hard. Annual company kick offs are absolutely amazing to the point of it almost being embarrassing to take a pay check while there and employee benefits across all 3 entities are fantastic for a start-up.

Cons

As Zerto continues to grow at an exponential rate it requires employees to think on their feet, go the extra mile, enable themselves and create processes to help others. It requires a "can do" person to work in a start-up which isn't always for everybody, but can be extremely rewarding for those that can.

Never let the growth of the company remove the ability to think freely, try new things and execute quickly

3 Other Employee Reviews for Zerto (View Most Recent)

Good atmosphere, poor employee management and morale.

I worked at Zerto full-time

Pros

the atmosphere is relaxed, very casual. you can wear pretty much anything to the office. the pay is pretty good too.

Cons

management is rough, they seem a little lost. while the pay is good, the benefits are nothing to write home about. work-life balance leaves plenty to be desired, it's pretty much work-work; i had to work every weekend. there was no training so you were left to try and learn from the person next to you and then its sink or swim pretty much. there isn't anywhere to grow in the company, you learn the software and thats about the extent of your growth.

i would advise management to be more concerned about the employees happiness. they should be more open to employees suggestions and concerns since they're shouldering the gigantic load of work that needs to be done.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked in both the Boston office and the Israel office, so I can offer insights on the company culture in both places. Other reviewers will address benefits, salary...but I want to address the unique culture.

A blogger saw our team at a recent tradeshow and made the following comment on his blog: "I was in a meeting until 20m after the show floor closed. When I came out, carpets were being rolled up, shipping boxes were being packed, and not a single booth staffer could be found (except for the obligatory event managers) … and the entire Zerto team. They were in a circle, celebrating each other’s successes throughout the week… And that culture doesn’t happen by accident, nor as a one-off gimmick; which makes me wonder how that highly-energized, community-approach must be within the Zerto team throughout the rest of the year … and how Zerto’s customers must benefit from it."

At the Israel office, people take the time to eat lunch together in the kitchen or head to local eateries every day. There's camaraderie and lunch discussions are lively - my office was next to the kitchen, and on the occasions when i had conference calls during lunch, I would have to close my door because people at lunch are laughing so loud that those on the other end of my calls could hear them.

In the Boston office, regular happy hours and social activities allow employees to have time together. We are a lively bunch - on a recent Boston Harbor cruise, our employees entertained other passengers with renditions of "sweet caroline"... At a recent IT conference, a bunch of us headed to a concert after booth hours. Later we saw a tweet about the concert, "first time I've seen people actually dancing at an IT event" - that was our team dancing! People work hard, but play hard in Boston, and enjoy each other's company.

And management is right there with us - at lunch discussions, dancing at concerts. Zerto management is open and approachable.

Cons

You should not be at Zerto if you want to relax at work. Startups have big goals and pressure to achieve those goals is high. There are often long hours; for the Israel office that's usually in the weeks leading up to a product launch. For Boston it's the last weeks of each quarter or before a big event.

You can see this as a pro or a con, but in many positions at Zerto, you will not get a list of things you need to accomplish, or the blueprint for accomplishing your tasks when you start. In many positions you will have to develop your area, often from scratch. Trial and error are encouraged, and process is secondary to achievement. If that scares or frustrates you, Zerto is not likely to be the right fit for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Zerto

Worked for Zerto? Contribute to the Community!