Ziba Design

www.ziba.com

Ziba has lost it's way.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe creative talent, designers, researchers and engineers, are best-in-class. Committed, competent, and motivated with a willingness to work on a diverse portfolio of projects. They are also the most kind and generous individuals to work with day to day.

ConsThere is a major leadership gap. The recent hire and elevation of marketing/sales leads who lack the most basic understanding of design, communication, connection and leadership has driven a large percentage of talented employees at all levels to find opportunities elsewhere. Ziba has suffered a blow with the departure of many of the senior creative leads, in addition to key account and operations leaders over recent months. There is a vacuum of creative leadership to drive and direct projects and the junior level talent that remains. The gap is being filled by outdated, out-of-touch and out-of-control leaders, who neither understand, respect or acknowledge the creative process and team dynamics.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that intimidation, inconsistency, and lack of vision has played a big part in the company losing it’s way. Acknowledge that the “culture” is not working. The pursuit of those who are a “cultural fit” is resulting in a shift from a company that once excelled to one that is average. You will not be able to replace all the history and talent that has left your beautiful building, but you can rebuild.

Great Design Firm But Less Than Desirable Workplace

Program Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ziba Design

Pros: Great place to learn about brand strategy and design. They take pride in the work they do and have very high expecations for all… Cons: Too many people (women) crying in the hallways and in the bathroom because they've just been berated by their boss or someone up the food… Advice to Senior Management: Try being inspiring instead of odd. Show some leadership and drop the "management by fear" angle. When a person makes a mistake, try… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Inspiring work, amazing people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ziba Design full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: At Ziba for over 3 years, I worked with some of the most intelligent, driven, ambitious, passionate people I have ever met or had the… Cons: Like any agency, Ziba works to create the best end result possible. That does mean a time commitment which sometimes strays outside of normal business… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to strive for growth, ownership, and a sense of entrepreneurship throughout the company. We learned from earlier managerial systems that micromanaging and competition do… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ziba Design.

Worked for Ziba Design? Contribute to the Community!