Ziff Davis Media

www.ziffdavis.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ziff Davis Media

Great people and spirit, but missed opportunities from frugal approach

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ziff Davis Media

Pros

Great editorial staff, good collaborative environment, nice people, lots of energy

Cons

Short term vision of senior management needs to be corrected.

C-level executives don't trust their employees enough, manage too much to the bottom line without managing the people that get them there. It's not all about deals and profits/losses, but the people that make it happen. I saw a lot of decisions to reduce costs that reduced revenue by more than costs cut because of negative side effects. Stop managing for the short-term.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Ziff Davis Media (View Most Recent)

a great place for tech fans, but an uncertain future?

Current Employee - A Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - A Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Ziff Davis Media

Pros

ZD is a really great place if you love technology and an opportunity to work in a professional Internet publishing business. the company is small enough now so you get exposed to lots of things. mostly nice, competent people, and not much obvious politics. the ziff davis name still means something in media and technology and it's something to live up to.

Cons

The company's financial situation is very tight, conserving cash, always seems to be cutting. a lot of the business was sold off or closed during the past year, though not without reason. it can be tough to stay motivated.

manage like you believe the company has a future beyond being sold at the earliest opportunity.

Great place to work for, just uncertain about future.

Current Employee - Choose Not to Answer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Choose Not to Answer in New York, NY

I have been working at Ziff Davis Media

Pros

ZD has given me an opportunity to grow and learn a lot from what I do. Management is very competent and knows the business very well. They do not shy away from teaching both in house and off site.

Cons

Job security is a little bit up in the air due to the recent actions by the company. (Chapter 11 March - July, discontinuation of PC Magazine) Also, I think having CBS interactive in the same building as ZD in the NYC office is a little bit weird.

Be a little bit more transparent with what is REALLY going on with the company rather than employees hearing it from press.

There are newer employer reviews for Ziff Davis Media