Ziff Davis Media

Welcome to Initech

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ziff Davis Media

Pros

It's a tight knit community of nerds. people are really nice but shy. this is not the kind of place where people get together outside of work. kind of place where there are not enough people to do the job so you can take on as much as you can handle which can be good or bad depending.

Cons

NO MONEY to do ANYTHING. Salary reductions plus increase workload = not fun. sometimes i can't find printer paper. depressing.

Direct answers about our salary reinstatement would be nice. be respectful enough to treat all of us like adults and tell us what is going on. There is nothing as insulting as asking a question and having that question ignored.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Ziff Davis Media (View Most Recent)

A good place to work in a tough environment

Former Employee - Editor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Editor in Boston, MA

I worked at Ziff Davis Media

Pros

ZD is still one of the best recognized brands when it comes to technology publishing. It provides good benefits and a good work/life balance.

Cons

Currently very strapped due to the economic environment. You're not likely to get a job offer, because they're probably not hiring.

Get out of print.

Great people and spirit, but missed opportunities from frugal approach

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ziff Davis Media

Pros

Great editorial staff, good collaborative environment, nice people, lots of energy

Cons

Short term vision of senior management needs to be corrected.

C-level executives don't trust their employees enough, manage too much to the bottom line without managing the people that get them there. It's not all about deals and profits/losses, but the people that make it happen. I saw a lot of decisions to reduce costs that reduced revenue by more than costs cut because of negative side effects. Stop managing for the short-term.

There are newer employer reviews for Ziff Davis Media