Ziff Davis Media

www.ziffdavis.com
  www.ziffdavis.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ziff Davis Media

Since the magazine folded it hasn't been the same

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Ziff Davis Media

Pros

There used to be a lot of events and parties that were really great and showed us we were appreciated.

Cons

The management was chauvinistic at times and their inability to make the magazine a viable entity was inexcusable. They could have kept it afloat but bad management and cost cutting without considering the effects killed it.

Maybe there should be a review of how the management performs and the way they speak to and treat their staff. Instead of yelling at people and berating them then laughing about it later which I saw happen on two different occasions.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Ziff Davis Media (View Most Recent)

Welcome to Initech

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ziff Davis Media

Pros

It's a tight knit community of nerds. people are really nice but shy. this is not the kind of place where people get together outside of work. kind of place where there are not enough people to do the job so you can take on as much as you can handle which can be good or bad depending.

Cons

NO MONEY to do ANYTHING. Salary reductions plus increase workload = not fun. sometimes i can't find printer paper. depressing.

Direct answers about our salary reinstatement would be nice. be respectful enough to treat all of us like adults and tell us what is going on. There is nothing as insulting as asking a question and having that question ignored.

A good place to work in a tough environment

Former Employee - Editor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Editor in Boston, MA

I worked at Ziff Davis Media

Pros

ZD is still one of the best recognized brands when it comes to technology publishing. It provides good benefits and a good work/life balance.

Cons

Currently very strapped due to the economic environment. You're not likely to get a job offer, because they're probably not hiring.

Get out of print.