Zillow

Zillow IS the Company for your Career

Current Employee - Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zillow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zillow offers an awesome work environment surrounded by many support teams and a variety of departments and people that help you get the job done. There is a synergy, a shared vision, and a certain unique culture that motivates and inspires you to reach and achieve greater than your own expectations can imagine. A thriving company that's fed by its own internal staffs' creativity and commitment to both its members and consumers. Zillow is the company for you and a great career.

Cons

The only downside that comes to mind while submitting this review is that once in a great while, the Starbucks coffee machine in the kitchen goes "out of order" from all the use and attention is gets every day. The upside to that "con" is that it usually gets repaired that same day.

Every company is founded and built by its people, keep employing the smartest, most creative, and best people money can buy, and Zillow will continue to remain one of the greatest companies to have a career.

Other Reviews for Zillow

LOOK HERE IF CONTEMPLATING A SALES POSITION

Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zillow full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, very lively, awesome location, free snacks, smart coworkers.

Cons

Most of these reviews make Zillow look like the most amazing place you could possibly work. I looked on Glassdoor prior to taking the job and was amazed at the positive reviews and felt privileged to get the offer. I realized pretty early on I had made a mistake. The sale cycle is quick, mostly 1-3 call closes. You are encouraged to work 9+ hours and make at least 120 dials a day. It is high stress to hit your numbers and it doesn't take long to get fired if you aren't. I got burnt out very quickly.

All agents know what Zillow is by now and have either tried it, or have good reasons to not want to. It was an incredibly hard sale and I came from a similar inside sales position where I was very successful. I felt every day was an uphill battle.

I am the first to say that Zillow.com is a fantastic site and am on it frequently, but as far as what appears to be a dream sales job, I didn't see that at all. Don't say I didn't warn you.

No advice, I thought they were all cool.

Great place to work, tremendous leadership!

Former Employee - Insides Sales  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Insides Sales in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zillow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tons of perks, phenomenal health plan, orca card, they provide beverages, snacks, lunches several times per month, stock options, excellent work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of potential for upward movement in sales based career. They promoted some questionable people to team leaders which was a little demoralizing. They change comp plans way to frequently and keep throttling what salespeople can make.

Keep it up. You guys rock! I? loved working there and would have stayed working there, but I needed out of Seattle to get some sun!

There are newer employer reviews for Zillow.

Worked for Zillow? Contribute to the Community!