Nothing compares.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best environment. Management creates a conducive environment to succeed. CEO is hands on and open door policy is actually a reality. I am blessed to work there.

Cons

This might sound cheesy… NOTHING.

Advice to Management

Don't stop what you are doing.

Zillow Response

Dec 12, 2013CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad that you are having a great experience at Zillow, and I hope it continues that way into 2014 and beyond.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Top of the food chain...

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

Way above average in most respects, decent benefits at a low cost, great perks (fully stocked kitchen, game room, public transportation paid for, lots of free lunches and happy-hours/events) good PTO/sick leave set up. The product is pretty easy to sell, and if you build a good relationship with your clients and coach them effectively, the majority will see success with the product and grow with you long term. Management style varies, but for the most part, if you show up and do your job, (hit your quotas/talk time) you are going to be treated like an adult and able to enjoy a certain level of autonomy, which is nice. The upper-management seems to be constantly pushing the envelope in terms of growing the company and it's partnerships, which is excellent for maintaining our standing as #1 in our industry.

Cons

No 401K match, and the compensation plan has taken a bit of a beating since the company went public (got to keep the investors happy and the bottom line as green as possible) but you can still generate a 6 figure income if you are willing to put your head down and work. They could also communicate some of product changes more effectively to the front line. Over-all, a great company to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep forging the new industry relationships/partnerships. Keep ahead of the pack in terms of product/service offerings to our clients.

Zillow Response

Nov 22, 2013CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Hi,
    Thank you for the review. I'm glad you're having a good experience here.
    To respond to some of your suggestions on how Zillow can improve, and just to clarify: the comp plan for salespeople
    ... More

Fast pace, growing company, fun!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

Our CEO is no doubt, the hardest working employee. His openness is inspiring. The perks are nice and the Seattle office is beautiful. Its fun working for a company that is always supporting the news (stats/rates) or in the news for positive growth.

Cons

Awareness and integration of our new offices/companies could be improved.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring the best. Please also review employees and push out the bottom performers (few, but they exist). Continue company talks and sharing upcoming projects. Place importance on integrating acquired companies. Love your work!