Zillow

www.zillow.com
  www.zillow.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zillow

Promising company to work for

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great engineering culture. Good work-life balance. Smart co-workers and awesome management.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Zillow Response

Nov 21, 2013CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you!

212 Other Employee Reviews for Zillow (View Most Recent)

Top of the food chain...

Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

Way above average in most respects, decent benefits at a low cost, great perks (fully stocked kitchen, game room, public transportation paid for, lots of free lunches and happy-hours/events) good PTO/sick leave set up. The product is pretty easy to sell, and if you build a good relationship with your clients and coach them effectively, the majority will see success with the product and grow with you long term. Management style varies, but for the most part, if you show up and do your job, (hit your quotas/talk time) you are going to be treated like an adult and able to enjoy a certain level of autonomy, which is nice. The upper-management seems to be constantly pushing the envelope in terms of growing the company and it's partnerships, which is excellent for maintaining our standing as #1 in our industry.

Cons

No 401K match, and the compensation plan has taken a bit of a beating since the company went public (got to keep the investors happy and the bottom line as green as possible) but you can still generate a 6 figure income if you are willing to put your head down and work. They could also communicate some of product changes more effectively to the front line. Over-all, a great company to work for.

Keep forging the new industry relationships/partnerships. Keep ahead of the pack in terms of product/service offerings to our clients.

Zillow Response

Nov 22, 2013CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Hi,
    Thank you for the review. I'm glad you're having a good experience here.
    To respond to some of your suggestions on how Zillow can improve, and just to clarify: the comp plan for salespeople
    ... More

Our leadership and mission honestly makes me excited to go to work every day!

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zillow full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't say enough good things about Zillow. The original founders and current leadership have infused the company with a passion beyond that of any other company I'm aware of. I believe we have a really great vision and an incredible about of growth potential ahead of us, and that makes the company so much fun to work out. Employees are treated very, very well, we have a really fun culture, we're paid well enough and have stock options that continue to grow, and we're still at that perfect size where a single employee can make a really big difference in the company as a whole.

Cons

Pay for engineers at least seems to be a bit below what other employers pay. You probably won't get a salary offer that matches one from Microsoft, Google, Amazon, or the like. That said, if you ask me, working at such a neat company w/ insane growth and potential for career advancement makes the tradeoff worth it.

Let's make sure we manage out lame employees. I've met a small number of mediocre workers who only care marginally about their work and Zillow as a whole, and we should do our best to not tolerate that.

Zillow Response

Dec 12, 2013CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad that you're having a great experience at Zillow.
    I agree that we need to keep guarding against the creeping forces of mediocrity. We must never become a
    ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Zillow

Worked for Zillow? Contribute to the Community!