Zillow

www.zillow.com

Work at a cutting edge company without heavy process in your way.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work independently without micromanagement - you are left to do your best work.

Cons

Sometimes the product is overly complex. Some architecture redesign is needed to reduce number of services and other complexity.

Nov 20, 2013CEO

Thank you for this review!
As you know (because you have worked here for a few years), we try to keep our product teams as small as possible and run them as semi-autonomous units. Almost like
... More

Other Reviews for Zillow

New Sales Reps beware-You are meant to be turned and burned

Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant

I worked at Zillow full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great view of Seattle??
    They do buy lunch for the reps the last of the month which is nice, but not worth how you're treated in other ways.

Cons

Don't believe the reviews on glass door that are positive. People are literally given a severance when they are fired JUST to put good reviews up here. If you miss quota (even by $100) twice in a row you will be put on plan and expected to hit a ridiculous number in two weeks and if you don't they walk you right out the door. They expect you to be able to hit 210 minutes of talk time per day MINIMUM that's 3.5 hours people. This is next to impossible when you are making over 100 calls a day and getting hung up on 95% of the time. If you speak to veterans they maybe use 5% of their day to cold call new clients, BUT if you're new you have to COLD CALL ONLY 100% of your day and 100% of your quota. DO NOT WORK HERE. I was there for 9 months and would hit my talk time everyday and quota every month. I missed quota by $2k one month and was put on plan even though my rolling average was over 156% of quota since I started. When you are new you are meant to make them quick money and then they throw you flat on your face. You will hardly be able to take a lunch and your first year you will be expected to work 10-12 hour days. It's a company that doesn't care about their employees at all as individuals. Pretty sad because the environment tricks you to think otherwise. I had 12 people in my training group. After 3 months half of the people either quit or walked out. After 8 months there were only 2 of us left. And after 9 all of us had quit or been walked out.

Maybe start managing? When we had a sale stolen from us our manager wouldn't fight for our sale and would mostly answer with, "Well what happens, happens, nothing I can do" this would happen on sales that I had called 2 days ago and pitched and a different rep would close them. It was a blatant steal. They say there are Salesforce 'rules' but they really don't matter.

Zillow Response

Dec 12, 2013CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Hi,
    Spencer from Zillow here.
    Thank you for your review, though it definitely bummed me out, and I don't think it is representative of the experience that most salespeople have at Zillow.

I
    ... More

Telemarkers

Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zillow full-time for less than a year

Pros

Candy Walls and Tillamook cheese

Cons

You're a telemarketer. A very stressed out telemarketer.

Zillow Response

Dec 12, 2013CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for your review, though it did bum me out. Yes, our sales people (and all employees) have headsets for their phones. And yes if you are in sales, you spend most of the day on the phone. But ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Zillow.

Worked for Zillow? Contribute to the Community!