Zillow

www.zillow.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zillow

Always challenging environment full of great people and amazing views!

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

The company has maintained a small company feel despite our rapid growth over the last three years. The people I work with are insightful, creative, and also really supportive and friendly. The work I do is challenging and recognition for great work is abundant. People are passionate about their work and it shows in the meetings and in the presentation of projects. The company is very transparent in its goals and processes, and knowledge sharing is encouraged. There is also a huge emphasis on work life balance, but people also recognize that sometimes those hours need to be put in to hit a deadline. I haven't had an issue with putting in those extra hours because in the long run it helps.

Cons

There are some big company politics that have creeped in subtly with the rapid hiring that we've done of people from the big boys in the area like Microsoft, Expedia, and Google, but most of it is squashed when they figure out how Zillow operates.

The management and executive know how to foster community and encourage growth amongst team members. I never feel like I'm competing with my colleagues. I feel like we are working together towards a greater goal and that is something the management has done a really great job at fostering.

Zillow Response

Feb 23, 2014CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Now we're talking! I liked your review very much.

If you ever see politics at Zillow and you want me to stamp it out, please either talk to me or email me. If you want to do it anonymously
... More

249 Other Employee Reviews for Zillow (View Most Recent)

Consider yourself lucky if you work here

Current Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership has done a great deal of things right and I applaud them for it.
    Culture has still been very good despite *insane* growth.

The work life balance is generally has gotten a lot better since the startup days. Probably a lot better than many other tech companies in the area.

Cons

I miss our company ski day, but luckily vacation scheduling is flexible for those pow days

Zillow Response

Mar 20, 2014CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for your review!
    I miss our ski day also! Maybe I should have brought it back this year. To be honest, I sort of forgot this year -- doing too many things, and it didn't occur to me. True
    ... More

Great

I have been working at Zillow full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very smart and driven people, a great learning opportunity for anybody

Cons

Not much to say negative. Lot to do..lot to learn...so many things happening...exciting time..

Zillow Response

Feb 12, 2014CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for the feedback - I greatly appreciate it. I am glad that you have had a good experience so far here.

There are newer employer reviews for Zillow