Zillow

www.zillow.com

Always challenging environment full of great people and amazing views!

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe company has maintained a small company feel despite our rapid growth over the last three years. The people I work with are insightful, creative, and also really supportive and friendly. The work I do is challenging and recognition for great work is abundant. People are passionate about their work and it shows in the meetings and in the presentation of projects. The company is very transparent in its goals and processes, and knowledge sharing is encouraged. There is also a huge emphasis on work life balance, but people also recognize that sometimes those hours need to be put in to hit a deadline. I haven't had an issue with putting in those extra hours because in the long run it helps.

ConsThere are some big company politics that have creeped in subtly with the rapid hiring that we've done of people from the big boys in the area like Microsoft, Expedia, and Google, but most of it is squashed when they figure out how Zillow operates.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management and executive know how to foster community and encourage growth amongst team members. I never feel like I'm competing with my colleagues. I feel like we are working together towards a greater goal and that is something the management has done a really great job at fostering.

Zillow CEO (Spencer Rascoff) responded to this review

Feb 23, 2014

Now we're talking! I liked your review very much.

If you ever see politics at Zillow and you want me to stamp it out, please either talk to me or email me. If you want to do it anonymously
... More

I Love This Place

Inside Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zillow full-time for more than a year

Pros: This is the hardest job I have had but it gets easier with time. I went from a so-so sales person to a beast.… Cons: Couldn't be happier with this company keep doing what you… Advice to Senior Management: Set career paths early on so we know what we… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great

I have been working at Zillow full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very smart and driven people, a great learning opportunity for… Cons: Not much to say negative. Lot to do..lot to learn...so… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Zillow.

Worked for Zillow? Contribute to the Community!