Great place to work

Former Employee - Advertising Sales in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Advertising Sales in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of great things going on there. The compensation, freedom and culture is amazing.

Cons

If you are not motivated, engaged, or interested in money, you will have a difficult time because the demand for productivity is very high.

Other Employee Reviews for Zillow

A good place to work with lots of smart people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good leadership vision and opportunities to grow, a place where good ideas can come from anywhere, get heard and get implemented

Cons

Benefits could be better, e.g., 401k matching, lower deductible health/dental plans

Advice to Management

Focus on the core. Some of the most important teams are not working as efficiently as they could be. It takes a frustrating amount time to get things done. Need to improve the process and put more of the best people on the core teams.

Zillow Response

Apr 1, 2014 – CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for the review, and I'm glad you are having success at Zillow. Regarding your comment that some teams aren't as efficient as they should be, I agree. If you ever have specific suggestions ... More

Always challenging environment full of great people and amazing views!

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

The company has maintained a small company feel despite our rapid growth over the last three years. The people I work with are insightful, creative, and also really supportive and friendly. The work I do is challenging and recognition for great work is abundant. People are passionate about their work and it shows in the meetings and in the presentation of projects. The company is very transparent in its goals and processes, and knowledge sharing is encouraged. There is also a huge emphasis on work life balance, but people also recognize that sometimes those hours need to be put in to hit a deadline. I haven't had an issue with putting in those extra hours because in the long run it helps.

Cons

There are some big company politics that have creeped in subtly with the rapid hiring that we've done of people from the big boys in the area like Microsoft, Expedia, and Google, but most of it is squashed when they figure out how Zillow operates.

Advice to Management

The management and executive know how to foster community and encourage growth amongst team members. I never feel like I'm competing with my colleagues. I feel like we are working together towards a greater goal and that is something the management has done a really great job at fostering.

Zillow Response

Feb 23, 2014 – CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Now we're talking! I liked your review very much. If you ever see politics at Zillow and you want me to stamp it out, please either talk to me or email me. If you want to do it anonymously ... More