Zillow

There are newer employer reviews for Zillow

Great place to work

Former Employee - Advertising Sales in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Advertising Sales in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zillow full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are a lot of great things going on there. The compensation, freedom and culture is amazing.

Cons

If you are not motivated, engaged, or interested in money, you will have a difficult time because the demand for productivity is very high.

227 Other Employee Reviews for Zillow (View Most Recent)

I Love This Place

Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is the hardest job I have had but it gets easier with time. I went from a so-so sales person to a beast. I have received some of the best training with this job that I will take with me the rest of my life. The best part about this job is the personal growth I have acheived. I initially thought this was something I was not going to be able to do. My manager and trainer have all been instrumental in helping me achieve my goals. Free food, trips to Seattle for the holiday party, amazing people, and fun work environment.

Cons

Couldn't be happier with this company keep doing what you do

Set career paths early on so we know what we need to do to move up.

Zillow Response

Feb 12, 2014CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Well, this is Seattle, so it's appropriate that you are in "beast mode" (Seahawks reference, sorry I couldn't help myself). I'm really glad that you are having a good experience here. I know that ... More

Always challenging environment full of great people and amazing views!

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

The company has maintained a small company feel despite our rapid growth over the last three years. The people I work with are insightful, creative, and also really supportive and friendly. The work I do is challenging and recognition for great work is abundant. People are passionate about their work and it shows in the meetings and in the presentation of projects. The company is very transparent in its goals and processes, and knowledge sharing is encouraged. There is also a huge emphasis on work life balance, but people also recognize that sometimes those hours need to be put in to hit a deadline. I haven't had an issue with putting in those extra hours because in the long run it helps.

Cons

There are some big company politics that have creeped in subtly with the rapid hiring that we've done of people from the big boys in the area like Microsoft, Expedia, and Google, but most of it is squashed when they figure out how Zillow operates.

The management and executive know how to foster community and encourage growth amongst team members. I never feel like I'm competing with my colleagues. I feel like we are working together towards a greater goal and that is something the management has done a really great job at fostering.

Zillow Response

Feb 23, 2014CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Now we're talking! I liked your review very much.

If you ever see politics at Zillow and you want me to stamp it out, please either talk to me or email me. If you want to do it anonymously
    ... More