Zimmer

www.zimmer.com
  www.zimmer.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer

Means to an end but don't depend on Z for a career.

I worked at Zimmer

Pros

Good place to get experience if you live in Norteast Indiana. More stable employer in ortho-Capitol.

Cons

Relocators and experienced life sciences professionals should apply for jobs with extreme caution.

Understand that you've been hired as a manager at Zimmer for a reason ... And there is a reason why you've failed at more successful organizations ... Or failed to advance at all.

218 Other Employee Reviews for Zimmer (View Most Recent)

Atmosphere of Mistrust - Company Culture Destroyed

I worked at Zimmer

Pros

Pay scale seems fair currently.

Cons

Senior managment only cares about bottom line. They talk about bringing in world class talent, but once they are there, there is no support for them. Company is being run by former GE washouts with little regard to the staff. IT systems are antiquated along with processes. Dvorak is the invisible man who was absent during recent layoff of +500 employees. Long time employees were shown the door and treated like criminals. Now managment is circulating a culture survey to understand by employees ae unengaged. Stay away from Finance division unless you like long hours, no work life balance and no say in your career moves.

It will take you +3 three years to restore the culture.

Pays well, but job security is non existent. Many salaried employees are looking.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer

Pros

Pay is very competitive. Our job is helping improve peoples' lives which is a good motivator. Warsaw is a good small town that is close to Fort Wayne or South Bend. Good bonus structure.

Cons

Much reorganizing, many good employees- some of the best talent I have ever worked with have been walked out-engineers, purchasing, supervision. Huge de-motivator for those of us left. Big question has been WHO'S NEXT?

You had better rebuild the trust we had when Ray Elliott was still here or you will probably lose more talent than what you were anticipating. No one trusts your decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer