My experience was good but my manager was not great and Sr. Managment were very unfair.

Former Employee - Senior Plant Engineer  in  Parsippany, NJ
Former Employee - Senior Plant Engineer in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Zimmer

Pros

Benifits are great and the yearly bonus was always in the 12 to 14% range.

Cons

Biased review process, based off of Managers opinion with no feed back from coworkers. Lot of micromanageing.

Send Managers to some managment skills cources and show more respect to the staff.

Other Reviews for Zimmer

Zimmer has been a very frustrating place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer

Pros

The bonus is nice. The 401K plan is generous.

Cons

The CEO is following the GE model of forcing the elimination of the bottom 5% performers and employee morale is at an all time low.

Lack of Coordination and Decision Making

Current Employee - Associate Director  in  Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer

Pros

Good pay, (though the policy for making offers has changed from since I was hired), A lot of lattitude given to make decisions on projects. Low cost of living in the area. Strong product lines and market presence

Cons

1. Lack of organization to make decisions that affect a large project (Lack of Project Management Office at company - the last group was let go) resulting in highly isolated project teams. Lack of systems engineering. There are a lot of frustrated people looking for decisions to be made.

2. Lack of focus by upper management (General Manager and up) on resource planning and project priority. Management likes to ask lots of questions and give assignments but doesn't always address resource side issues (financial or manpower). Perennially under-resourced project teams (esp. Regulatory, Quality, Research) leads to burnout. Management always under resources, expects delivery in the minimum time, and then is surprised when the project is late. Saying no is not a wise idea.

3. The new "GE" style management team has "optimized" the benefits lately. Two less holidays/yr, virtually no coverage for crowns on dental insurance (1 every 8 yrs @ 50%), stock options have been dropped by 40%, travel rewards gone etc.. They're penny pinching in stupid areas and look cheap.

4. Outsourcing: They embarked on an outsourcing plan for various areas (IT, HR recruiting, Marketing Communications etc) as that is in the GE strategy. . They cut the heads before they figured out the plan. The results have not gone well and has impacted the organization's ability to execute. The management can be arrogant and short sighted. I'm sure they see things differently.

Align the resource plan to the division's strategy regardless of whether sales are down or up. EPS should not be our only concern when we have a major launch pending.

There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer.

Worked for Zimmer? Contribute to the Community!