There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer

"DO THE RIGHT THING" is the motto.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Zimmer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My experience at Zimmer Dental has been exceptional. From the President down through management they are professional, knowledgeable, caring people to be associated with. My co-workers are diverse in age, ethnicity, culture, gender, and religious beliefs and everyone I work with is respectful and respected. This is not my first job in the medical manufacturing industry but it is my last. I am lucky to be employed by Zimmer Dental and management makes me feel appreciated. I was hired at Zimmer Dental after a layoff from another company and now I love to say "that layoff was the luckiest day of my professional life." Thank you for this opportunity to be a positive voice for Zimmer Dental.

Cons

For me, professionally and personally, there are no "cons." Not at this time and I have been there 3 years.

Advice to Management

Live and work the motto "DO THE RIGHT THING" and Zimmer Dental will grow and prosper.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Staff

Former Employee - Staff Technical in Warsaw, IN
    Former Employee - Staff Technical in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer full-time

Pros

Competitive Benefits (medical and bonuses), Good products, good people, good location (not Warsaw) and financially stable.

Cons

Salary not competitive, Warsaw Central Mentality, No Career Path, minimal recognition, no differences in merit increases (top and poor performer), Mid management level afraid or unwilling to make decisions.

Advice to Management

Identify high performers and develop a program to prepare them for higher roles within the organization (at all levels) not just directors. Career Development is an important tool to retain talent.. Medical device knowledge is not only found in Warsaw. This is a global company make use of employee knowledge and skill sets accordingly. Don't be afraid to cut dead weight. Demotions and promotions should be truly justified and not based on the I don't like or like you mentality.

Disappointment, Frustration

Former Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in Warsaw, IN
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer

Pros

Safe facilities Solid Pay and Benefits Good Talent

Cons

If you could not run for congress you won't succeed at Zimmer, play the politics game, eat at the right lunch table and your golden. If you don't you are in a world of misery. You can transform and entire department and find yourself on the outside looking in if you have not greased the right people.

Advice to Management

Break the political structure, it is killing the company. Value documented performance not who you like because they make you feel better.