There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer

Zimmer is a good place but...

Current Employee - Director in Warsaw, IN
Current Employee - Director in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The medical device industry is a great place to be, resilient to the economic crisis and full of growth opportunities.
Zimmer is positioned to take advantage of the industry opportunities and growth at or above market.

Cons

Unfortunately, the industry is rapidly changing and top management seems to struggle.
It has been a bit confusing to clearly understand the company direction and even though there is a lot of talk about dedication to people, actions seems to be contrary to foster high employee engagement.

I would like to see more charismatic top management, hopefully promoted from inside the company, on the key roles. Leading by example and demonstrating dedication to people by developing employees, given growth opportunities and life balance.
This a company with great potential, we can growth by earning our employees trust and engagement!

206 Other Employee Reviews for Zimmer (View Most Recent)

Tread with Caution. Remember the old adage: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Current Employee - Field in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Field in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Zimmer is a company which makes products that help millions of people live without pain. Staff below the management level are genuinely great people who believe in the mission of the company. They share a great sense of Midwestern pride and Midwestern hospitality. The environment among peers is congenial.

Cons

The leadership and culture are from an era gone by - conservative and fear based. Executives rule from above with their assigned parking and peer down from locked Ivory Towers and corporate jets while expenses are continually cut from the company. Zimmer focuses its entire attention on VPs who run the company like the Wild West - disconnected and protecting 'their turf.' Chain and command is alive and well at Zimmer. Innovation is actively discouraged and those who fall in line are rewarded. Turnover is high and the best managers leave quickly. You most likely will work for a manager who is left behind and lacks coaching and people skills.

1. Cost continues to be a concern because unhappy employees lead to reduced productivity.
    2. Lack of communication is in itself a communication - it does not go unnoticed. Employees fill in the gaps and it kills every thread of connection to the mission
    3. Good people will always have somewhere to go. Lose the attitude that everyone wants to work at Zimmer and court your employees each and every day.
    4. Force rank your managers and remove those that are underperforming on people skills.
    5. What worked at GE does not work at Zimmer. Hire people who bring creative and original ideas not recycled content from thought leaders at an outside firm.

Discombobulated but meaning well

Former Employee - Sales Logistics Intern in Warsaw, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Logistics Intern in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Working in the position I did, there was great interest from upper management. We were working in a high-impact environment where one is quick to see results in some cases, but this is not the case from many other people, from what I hear.

Cons

Work was disparate and never directed, our direction would change daily according to the whims of management and the distributors.

In many cases, we need clear direction as to what we are aiming towards. Often, we have to bend over backwards to accommodate distributors, yet we push them to do something completely different.

There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer