Zimmer

www.zimmer.com
  www.zimmer.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer

No Loyalty to their employees at all

Former Employee - Senior Research Engineer in Warsaw, IN
Former Employee - Senior Research Engineer in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits and an inclusive atmosphere

Cons

Employees and entire project teams are cut with little or no advanced notice

More loyalty to your employees.

218 Other Employee Reviews for Zimmer (View Most Recent)

Process Heavy Snail: Beware of the Bureaucratic Mess!

Current Employee - Sales, Marketing, Education, Regulatory, Legal in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Zimmer full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have a strong P&L, but keep missing their unrealistic projections. Zimmer Dental is a small division that is forced to behave as if they are a large company. They have innovative products and a strong education program. So why are they in 5th place? WHy are they late to the game? Why the high employee turn over?

Cons

Poor upper management. High turnover in marketing and in sales. Three directors in two years. They are more concerned with short gains versus long term investment. The processes at Zimmer are truly unbelievable, unlike anything I have seen at even a large company let alone a small division. Because of this they are slow to innovate and when they do introduce a new product the launch is "half baked" at best. Internally, they will say that they will do a "soft launch" but it is really more of a gradual launch which means new products have no momentum. If you take a job at Zimmer make sure you do your homework and investigate the corporate culture carefully. Long hours + limited resources + unrealistic expectations + 50% travel = burnt out workforce. There is a huge employee morale problem here. I know of four people in my department looking for other jobs myself being one of them.

Work on the corporate culture. Break free of the chains of bureaucracy and focus on being quick to market. The resources are spent sending people traveling to so many tradeshows. Even support staff and temp workers are sent traveling. Examine how you spend your resources and look for ways to become efficient and quick. Zimmer is known for being late to the party. Great products but not an innovator. Small company behaving as if they were a large company.

Zimmer is a good place but...

Current Employee - Director in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Director in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The medical device industry is a great place to be, resilient to the economic crisis and full of growth opportunities.
    Zimmer is positioned to take advantage of the industry opportunities and growth at or above market.

Cons

Unfortunately, the industry is rapidly changing and top management seems to struggle.
    It has been a bit confusing to clearly understand the company direction and even though there is a lot of talk about dedication to people, actions seems to be contrary to foster high employee engagement.

I would like to see more charismatic top management, hopefully promoted from inside the company, on the key roles. Leading by example and demonstrating dedication to people by developing employees, given growth opportunities and life balance.
    This a company with great potential, we can growth by earning our employees trust and engagement!

There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer